News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

top function problems

Started by Poptop57, 2021-08-15 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Poptop57

New Member with problems, 57 Skyliner It has had a lot of work done on it. Now when the top is going UP the lock down screws are rotating in the wrong direction,  and obviously won't screw down. Anyone have any idea what switch controls this function. HELP,

abe_lugo

There is actually a separate skyliners forum.  It has a lot of good info. I hardly see any info on those here.  I would actually double check the wiring to the lores via the manual schematic. 

http://www.skyliner.org/forums/
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ford Blue blood

Very easy to install the drive motor backwards.  The lock and lift motors on the deck lid can be installed either way so check if that is the issue.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

I just finished a frame off, nut and bolt resto  on a 57 RHT. Get the ford retractable book, watch the vidio's on U Tube. One adjustment will lead to another. I wore out a pair of shoes walking around mine getting it right.  You also need a 1/5 of Black Velvet or what ever you drink on each end of your work bench.  Also don't be afraid to walk away from it for a day or two, then when you come back to it things will work a lot better.

abe_lugo

I knew these cars could be tough, but backwards motors? crazy, good luck and definitely get the service manual or see if there is a PDF posted on that forum.
Im eye'ing one up right now but its all original. Gotta get rid of one to add one though!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ford Blue blood

Yes, back wards motors....my deck lift motor was installed back wards/upside down, how ever you want to call it.  They spin in one direction depending upon which relay is putting power on it.  It is possible to physically install it upside down.  I simply turned it around 180* and it worked.  Mind you, had to remove the bolts that hold the locks and the bolts that remove the lift jacks to open the trunk lid.....

As stated get the book.  It is impossible to figure them out without it and with the book it is still a very trying effort!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Poptop57

You were absolutely correct. the motor was wired backwards when they did the rewiring. Thanks everyone for the help.