News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory Color Breaks

Started by lalessi1, 2021-12-03 07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

I have a couple of questions, but first a little clarifications... My car was originally Colonial White. It was two-toned by the previous owner by adding Raven Black. The door jambs and under the hood were painted black. The trunk interior was left white. The trunk now is in need of paint. I would guess that if the car came from the factory white over black that they would have started with a black car and painted the top and the rear of the car white. Is that correct? Would the underside of the trunk lid have remained black? I did find and installed the color dividers just behind the doors.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Not sure how it was for your car but I can tell the tale of my Edsel and the Retractable. 

First the Edsel, it is a thri tone.  The coves are Sunset Coral.  The entire body was painter Coral on the exterior minus the front clip, roof, trunk lid and doors.  The inside of the trunk was Joaquin Yellow as was the rest of the body except the coves.  The roof had only white over the sealer/primer.  The front clip, doors and trunk lid were covered with only sealer/primer then the yellow.  When this car came to me it had the factory paint, no re-spray so I am sure the color application is stock.

The red/white/red Retractable is also in it's factory paint.  Again the entire body was white minus the roof.  The inside of the trunk and fire wall are white.  The tape line for the red on the sides is along the side trim.  The jams are white with the tape line running on the crease where the door seal would rest and under the sill plate.  The rear of the body has a trim piece that splits the red and white below the tail lights.  They are split like all I've seen with two tone paint.  Not sure this will help, it is what I have seen on my junk.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Lynn, you should ask Jeff for that, hopefully he sees this topic. His Texan survivor car is b&w and still all og paint. it is a 300 though.