News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Where to buy 70A Window Channel?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2008-11-17 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

In order to remove the side glass in my 70A, I had to remove the window channel weatherstrip that seals the window around each door frame. This part has two bright stainless metal strips on each side of the glass and a rubber molding that seals the glass itself. It's held in place by clips that pop into the door frame itself. The channels are in pretty bad shape and the rubber is very brittle. I am having a problem identifying this part in the catalogs. Can I buy the whole part with the rubber and new metal strips attached?  Part numbers? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

shopratwoody

I bought all the window stuff from C&G Early Ford Parts. Very nice folks.
760-740-2400. They're in Escondido, CA
Ron :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford_Crazy

The part I need is called the "Glass Run".  No one seems to have a kit for the 57 Fords.  Does anyone have a source?

shopratwoody

Quote from: flawebmaster on 2008-11-19 05:57
The part I need is called the "Glass Run".  No one seems to have a kit for the 57 Fords.  Does anyone have a source?
I'm sure I got mine from C&G. That's the piece that the vent window closes to and the glass runs up and down,
they have all the stuff.I don't know what a 70A is, but I think they have it all.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford_Crazy

I called them and they don't carry the part I am looking for. The part is called a "glass run". It is a fexible metal channel that runs around the inside of each side window frame.  The side windows go into this channel when rolled all the way up.  The part is made up of a flexible metal with some fuzzy stuff glued into the channel.   They are held into the frame with studs that pop into the door itself. I posted a picture of the part at http://www.lakefrontflorida.com/57ford/pics/glassrun-2.jpg .   Mine are in pretty sad shape.