News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Remanufactured Y-Block for my car

Started by ROKuberski, 2022-01-15 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

They did work, but now they don't. Something has definitely changed as you no longer have the tabs that allowed you to change fonts, go to Bold, italic or underline as well as style, color etc...
Even if you enter the code manually, it doesn't work. For example, this should make my text bold;
blah, blah, blah
but as you can see, it doesn't and shows the code in brackets, which should not be visible. If you look at my signature, the same issue is visible.
Whatever happened, I'm sure it's a minor problem as it was all working when James got it back up and running.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Lgcustom

Images that I could see yesterday are now not showing up. Something is different today.

RICH MUISE

James is aware of it and is working on the problem. There is a testing board just below member rides. Let's use that for testing so we don't cog up the threads.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ROKuberski

Rich,

Glad to hear that James is working on the photo upload/display problem.

Me, I'm taking a break.  Just achieved another milestone.  Got the transmission back in the car.  I have noticed that it is getting to be more than a mile between the milestones.

The rear transmission mount does not align with the holes in the cross-member.  Off by about almost a full bolt diameter.  I'll have to loosen the engine and tweak it over.  I'm half done fighting the transmission coolant lines.  Finally got them attached to the radiator, now just have to get them attached to the transmission.  It looks like the transmission grew about 2 millimeters, just enough to cause a fight.  Sunday I laid out the bolts/nuts that I would need today.  It appears that someone broke into my garage overnight and stole the 4 nuts to the torque converter.  The thief likely noticed them in the baggie labeled "torque converter".  I know it's hard to believe, but this is not the first time that this has happened.  Fortunately, the nut store is only 1/2 mile away.

Soon the wrenching will be complete and I can light a fire in this thing.

Rich

hiball3985

You must have the same gremlins that come at night to steal that I have :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

ROKuberski

Yes, it's amazing what goes on in the garage when no one is watching.

I did get the transmission lines connected.  Then, I went to install the driveshaft.  My task lighting has improved over the years, and as I was placing the bearing caps on the differential yoke I notice that I could slide the U-joint back and forth.  I measured a full 1/10 of an inch in end play. 

I've had a vibration starting at about 55mph with this car for a quite a while.  Ive tried several things including replacing the front yoke on the drive shaft and getting the drive shaft balanced.  No joy.  I just ordered a new yoke for the differential, hopefully this will solve that problem.

Tomorrow I'll tweak the engine alignment, get my linkages connected and the electrical reconnected.  I bought antifreeze today.  I did look in my manual, this thing takes 5 gallons of coolant.  I didn't measure what I took out, but it did not seem like that much. 

Rich

lalessi1

I am not able to see or open any images either.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Those same gremlins place every dropped bolt and nut to the geometric center of the car as well!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

ROKuberski

Okay, back to business. 

I really wish I could post a picture.  I've managed to lose track of where one wire goes.  On the firewall there is a bundle of wires going across right at the seam.  Very near the distributor two wires come out of this bundle a red one that goes to the resistor and a black one.  The end is broken off and I am not sure where it is to go.  It's pretty short and may go to the coil.

I can email a picture if that helps. 

I just have 4 bolts to put in the transmission and I can start the engine.

Rich

thomasso

The black wire is your 12v starting feed to coil plus. A black wire from resister also goes to the coil for reduced voltage for regular operation.  the Back wire in harness should only have power is start position.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

ROKuberski

Tom,

Thanks.  It looked like the only place it was long enough to go, but I did not want to be guessing.

I appreciate the assistance,

Rich

ROKuberski

Well, it runs.  My guess on the timing was so close that it fired up on the first cranking.  The bad news is that I have a water leak at the t-stat housing.  I'm guessing that maybe the t-stat may have slipped a little and is caught outside of the recess that it should normally be in.  I'll get that fixed.

So, as many of you know, hearing it roar to life is a good feeling.

Rich

RICH MUISE

congrats.........now get ready to drive it to Texas!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ROKuberski

Rich,

Amarillo is only 430 miles from my house, about 7 hours.  I'll be there for lunch.  What's on the menu?  Oh wait -  I still need to install a new differential yoke, and that's no joke.

Rich

Fairlane62

Rich,
Regarding the differential yoke issue, do you mean that the u-joint will slide side to side in the yoke or that the cup diameter is smaller than the yoke radius?

James