News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fords and all kinds of cool FoMoCo in PNW collection

Started by djfordmanjack, 2022-05-29 09:47

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

In this episode the team of Iron Trap Garage visit a PNW collector named Jim Hendry. starting at around min 12:00 in the video, beautiful collection and lots of 57 metal /bumpers hanging on the walls. NICE ! Somebody probably knows him or maybe even a member on here ? Beautiful Sunliner and a Bird as well. I love the Lincoln Capri (I have a 53 myself) and the Mercs....dual quad 63 Galaxie....Ardun equipped 34....WOW !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKD1jEeNS8

gasman826

YA!  It was one of those 'yell at the TV' moments as Matt walks right by those '57 parts.

FiveSevenLiter

Met Jim 20 years ago and offered to clean the carbon out of his Ardun.  Still waiting.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Ecode70D

Günter  That's my idea on how to decorate the inside of a house, especially with the fact that they are all Ford parts.
He even kept things organized.  His Ford car collection is absolutely beautiful. My only question is-- Why do some people feel that it is necessary to start a cold engine and keep on racing it like they were doing? Don't the realize  that the internal parts are dry from sitting?
Thank you for posting it. Jay . 

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2022-05-30 07:51Günter  That's my idea on how to decorate the inside of a house, especially with the fact that they are all Ford parts.
He even kept things organized.  His Ford car collection is absolutely beautiful. My only question is-- Why do some people feel that it is necessary to start a cold engine and keep on racing it like they were doing? Don't the realize  that the internal parts are dry from sitting?
Thank you for posting it. Jay . 

Hi Jay,
I agree with starting the engine at a higher RPM then idle. The parts like cam lobes and piston skirts etc that depend on splash lubrication don't get enough oil at idle speeds. The sooner you can get oil on cam lobes the better, but that just me  :001: 
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

I was thinking exactly the same, when they revved that 427 and the Ardun. It hurts ! Personally I wouldn't do that at all.
But I can somehow see Jim's school of thought.  The truth may be somewhere in the middle. slightly increased rpms must be totally ok since all choke operated carbs have fast idle cams. it is true that oil flow ( capacity) to the bearings is just as or even more important than oil pressure alone. Personally I am with Jay and try not to go overboard when they are cold.
On our Y blocks, the aftermarket top oiler kits might get laughed at, but somehow I really do like the thought of oil flow immediately building up to the top end. Usually in colder season I have the restriction valve wide open so more oil will get up there quicker. Usually decrease it to 1/4 turn open which will ensure enough oil flow for a steady little stream down the rocker assemblies and down the cam lobes and lifters.

Marc

Wow that's a great collection! It would be tough each day deciding what to drive.

Ecode70D

And I also see Jim's train of thought.  It is important to get that oil quickly splashing around.
Jay