News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lowered, and some extras

Started by Fabulous50s, 2022-07-18 21:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabulous50s

My 59IMG_4025.jpg

Put in a Granada overdrive "Toploader" for a 4 on the tree... 20220521_130002.jpg

Some FE fun, just a stock 352 20211211_175525.jpg   
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

hiball3985

Nice!! I like the idea of the OD trans. They weren't the strongest so don't hot rod it excessively :burnout: . If it came from behind something like a 302 the input shaft may be longer then required for an FE.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Beautiful car. I'm realizing a lot of folks (not only me) are changing their opinions on not only '59's, but 4 doors as well. Not too many years ago, I wouldn't have given a '59 Ford anything a second look. Now, as I said, I think your's is a beautiful car. Keep us updated.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fabulous50s

Thank you Rich!

As a kid in the late 80s, born in 83, I always wanted a Ford with Fins and a wrap around windshield! Really wanted an Edsel, but I happened to come across this 59 while at work. It fit the bill. If it had been a 57, I'd have bought it too. The guy also had a 58, which I wanted more, but it was his aunt's car and he didn't want to sell it.

All the cars he had were 4 door sedans, and in fairly rough-ok  shape.
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

lalessi1

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-07-20 10:26Beautiful car. I'm realizing a lot of folks (not only me) are changing their opinions on not only '59's, but 4 doors as well. Not too many years ago, I wouldn't have given a '59 Ford anything a second look. Now, as I said, I think your's is a beautiful car. Keep us updated.

Funny you said that... My opinion of '59s has changed dramatically recently as well! Taylor, very nice!
Lynn

CobraJoe

Times 3! Must be our age, beautiful car! (and shop too!)
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane