News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

intro and pics

Started by milo1957, 2008-11-27 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

milo1957

hi guys my name is mike, but everyone calls me milo.  i live out in the central valley of california.   as you can see from the pics i have 2 rides a county sedan and a 2 door hardtop.  cant wait to get involved in the forum... i have done all of the work on these cars myself so i think i can bring some good tech info to the sight, but i have also ran into some problems...so will be asking for help too.  curently trying to figure out disc brakes while using my stock rims...  oh well ill get it!  glad to meet you all.
milo

JPotter57

Welcome to the forums, Milo...hope you enjoy it.
The only way I can see you using your stock rims is to use `65 or `66 Galaxie disks(Kelsey Hayes), they will have the small centered hub needed to clear the center registers on early wheels.  Make sure your wheels are the welded style, not riveted.  A low mile, all original but rusty `57 Fordor I brought home not long ago had the riveted wheels.  These were 14X5 or 5.5 with the small dogdish caps.  I thought the riveted centers went away with the `54 or `55 15 inch wheels.  Lou may be able to shed a little more light on this subject.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Welcome to the forum. You have some nice rides there.
Ron :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

Hey Milo, some sweet looking fords there.  Mark

johns2000

Milo

Welcome and there are some knowledgeable guy's here who will help when and where they can. As far as your disc brake problem I'm afraid I can't help but seem to remember something on the subject in one of the threads.
    You wouldn't happen to know where you could find a 58 Ford tailgate ( lower half ) for sale out there in sunny and salt free Ca. would ya, finders fee if you do!!

John

robhaerr

Milo...

Nice!

Not many Country Sedans here...but here is mine in So Cal...

Rob

milo1957

I have not seen many country seadans anywhere!  your is awesome, someday hope mine is that clean! just put  a set of wide whites on it (thanks to my girl, merry christmas to me).  nice work you have a beautiful car!

milo1957

by the way!  thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

meteor

welcom milo. nice to see another wagon owner on board.

here is my ranchwagon...

check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

lotsafords

Hi Milo-
I'm also from the valley, Fresno, not sure my wheels on my 57 Ranchero are original or not but the disc brake conversion I purchase from ABS worked fine.  Used 57 caps and wheel rings until I went to chrome wheels.  Nice to have another member close by.
Jack