News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need 1 window roller

Started by Marc, 2022-10-09 14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Looking for 1 metal OEM window roller as pictured. If you've got the associated springs and washers that would be wonderful.
I'd bought replacements from the usual suspects, but the cheap plastic looks like it'll break before long, and I'd rather not tear the door apart again to replace crappy chinese parts.

gasman826

Wow!  No body in your back yard have a window roller.  I think I still have a box of used ones in storage.  I have a really bad head cold and I'm not safe driving.  I'll put it on my list of things to look for the next time I get to the sea box.

KULTULZ

Quote from: Marc on 2022-10-09 14:46Looking for 1 metal OEM window roller as pictured. If you've got the associated springs and washers that would be wonderful.

I'd bought replacements from the usual suspects, but the cheap plastic looks like it'll break before long, and I'd rather not tear the door apart again to replace crappy chinese parts.

NDP shows what appears to be a quality replacement - https://www.npdlink.com/product/roller-window-regulator/138717
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

RICH MUISE

Maybe.......I'll check this afternoon.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

I've checked with a few local boneyards but no luck so far.

Kultulz, that's a nice looking part. Better than the plastic ones at least. Looks like they're out of stock though.

KULTULZ

Quote from: Marc on 2022-10-12 08:21Kultulz, that's a nice looking part. Better than the plastic ones at least. Looks like they're out of stock though.

Maybe give them a call and ask if they think it will be available and when.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

RICH MUISE

I found the one I have, but it appears to be a little different. The wide flange at the bottom (of your pic) on mine is actually a grove.........visualize a tiny fan belt pulley. Maybe that's why you're looking for one?, or the pic you have shown is misleading. It still has the spring and retaining clip, but no washers. It's a bit rusty, but I think it'll clean up fine.
If you want it, send me a pm with your address and I'll get it in the mail.

Rich

Opps...........it's not a groove........it's the (angled)washer you mentioned. the spring was pushing it tight against the angled flange making it look like a groove.

Marc

Thanks guys. I shot an email to NPD, waiting to hear back.

Rich, I'll take the one you have.  PM sent.

RICH MUISE

I'll get it in the mail today or tomorrow.
Got it mailed, You may have it as soon as Saturday.

Marc

Outstanding. Thanks Rich!

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Marc

Finally heard back from NPD. The owner of the shop that used to make the steel rollers has cancer. They're trying to find another shop to make them but apparently it hasn't been easy.

cokefirst

I have a couple of them.  They were used on the Thunderbird also and the Thunderbird parts suppliers have them.  I can send you a used one if you like.  Email me at Cokefirst@aol.com and give me your name and address and I will drop one in the mail.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

KYBlueOval

Quote from: cokefirst on 2022-10-20 21:33I have a couple of them.  They were used on the Thunderbird also and the Thunderbird parts suppliers have them.  I can send you a used one if you like.  Email me at Cokefirst@aol.com and give me your name and address and I will drop one in the mail.
What is the range of years that they were used on Thunderbirds...... if you know.

KULTULZ

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2022-10-21 03:34What is the range of years that they were used on Thunderbirds.

ROLLER ASSY - WDW REG ARM - 194959 MPC TXT.png
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960