News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Window channels

Started by scottymac, 2022-10-09 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymac

Looking for rear "window channels" for both sides on 2door. This would guide theE106D707-EEEF-47F2-9ED5-17F3B1739163.jpeg  windows in position as the windows role down in the door. They would position in the door towards rear of door. I have one pictured but doesn't look like it will mount in my door? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks scott
909-241-2673

KULTULZ

Is it a 2DR FAIRLANE HDT or SDN or a 2DR CUSTOM?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

RICH MUISE

I got all my channels from Classic Auto Parts in OKC. They were made by Dale Engineering, which is owned by the same guy as Classic. I am thinking what you have in your hand may not be available and the new channel w/ fuzzies just fits inside it.......Anyway, take a look at what CAP has on their website. (they use to be called Ford Obsolete). Contact info is in our Vendor listing.
If you are needing the parts you are showing, and Classic does not have them, look thru our salvage yard listings I've used the one in Kansas a few times....he's got 30ish '57's.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

scottymac

the Car is a 57 Courier Sedan Delivery but I think the doors came off something else

57chero

The doors are all the same as far as inside parts, 2dr sedan, 2dr wagon/ delivery, ranchero. I had a bunch of door parts but nobody ever wanted them so they got scraped.

scottymac

in that pic it looks like there is no channel piece?? confused on what i need and what its supposed to look like. any help/advice is appreciated

KULTULZ

Quote from: scottymac on 2022-10-11 15:14in that pic it looks like there is no channel piece?? confused on what i need and what its supposed to look like. any help/advice is appreciated

It appears to be part of BASIC PART NUMBER 21550 shown on the below MPC ILL. The SERVICE PART also included the felt runner -

WDW MECHANISM -  FRT DOOR - 1957 FORD - MPC ILL.png

The SERVICE PN for the complete assy (2DR CUSTOM SERIES) back when was B7A 7021550-A - (RS)

EDIT - (RS & LS ARE THE SAME).

If this doesn't help, get back.

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

gasman826

The part pictured in the first post is not recognized.  The division channel (front edge of the door glass) is attached to the vent wing window.  The lower rear channel has a clip (like a belt clip) on the upper, back side with one small right-angle bracket at the bottom.  Dig out some more parts and post pictures.

57chero

The piece he needs is 21550 in the above picture, it screws to the rear of the door jam and holds the fuzzy channel from the top of the door curves down and attaches to the metal channel in question. There is a left and right, like I said when I was parting out 57s I would keep all that stuff from doors that were too far gone and unusable, but you can only hang on to stuff for so long and it all got scraped.

57chero

I might be wrong on the left and right, I can't remember it could be one fits both sides.

RICH MUISE

The way the (@top) bracket is attached would mean there IS a left and right. That 21550 is what I remember, not the piece that was originally pictured.

KULTULZ

Quote from: 57chero on 2022-10-11 20:17I might be wrong on the left and right, I can't remember it could be one fits both sides.

That's my fault. TEXT reads L & R as the same (DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER)-

WDW MECHANISM - FRT DOOR - Glass Run Assy (21550) - 1957 FORD CUSTOM SERIES.png

What the OP is shown holding is the bottom metal portion without the felt runner.

Now FORD MPC ILLUSTRATIONS were not always dedicated to the exact application. It may show just enough detail, possibly from another model, to give the PARTS DUDE the BASIC PART NUMBER.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

scottymac

thank you all, this is very helpful. Now, if we can find some!!! thanks Scott

terry_208

The bottom rail is shaped differently than the op.  According to the illustration, the bottom rail piece is #21458.
Terry

RICH MUISE

Terry, #21458 is the channel the glass fits/attaches into that allows connection to the regulator. I belive he is asking about the verticle channel that the channel w/ fuzzies fits into.