News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear shock upper mount perches

Started by tpierce, 2022-10-13 10:30

Previous topic - Next topic

tpierce

Finally! I can post here. Took almost 3 monhts after registering. Some background info:I have 57 Club Victoria. I bought the car back in July. It had already been restored by the original owner, a Ford dealer in Alabama. It has power R&P steering, per front discs, 351W mated to AOD, vintage AC. The guy I purchased from was not mechanical and didn't have the ability to work on the car. I got it home, and over the past months I've got everything sorted on it. Now I'm trying to improve the handling. I've installed a heavy duty sway bar on the front. I purchased QA1 shocks for front & rear. I had to use adapters for spring perches for the rear shock bottoms. The tops mount with studs. I've found that the studs fit through the stock perches, but because of the way perch is angled, I can't get the top rubber bushing on the stud. I can weld and fabricate, I just wondered what you guys have done to accommodate the QA1 shocks in the rear.

I would appreciate pics and advice.

Tim
I can build it to be better & faster

CobraJoe

Can't help on the rear mounts but glad to see you finally made it onto the site. saw your car on your other post and it looks fantastic. Hopefully some here should be able to help you out. Lot's of knowledge here.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

Welcome.  In the last two years, I put three sets of QA1 single adjustable shocks on the rear of my Fords with minor issues.  The PIC is a '57 wagon install but the uppers are different on your sedan.  My other '57 is all custom and the third set went on my '65 Galaxie.  I can't quite visualize the problem your are having.  Please show a picture.