News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Needed for completion of my Ranchero!!!

Started by dmkberger, 2022-11-15 23:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkberger

I am in need of window channel and whiskers for the two doors, Vent window glass holder inner and the ignition switch chrome and spring thing that holds the ignition in the dash....
I'm sorry, I can't remember the names of some of the stuff I cannot find in regular channels, i.e. Mac's Vintage Ford parts, they do NOT have any of this stuff.
ANY HELP will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

terry_208

I believe I bought the whiskers, anti-rattlers, either from Dennis Carpenter's or Concours Auto Parts but p/u the run channel from a local glass shop. 
Terry

cokefirst

1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

RICH MUISE

I got all my window stuff...........channels, anti-rattler strips, rubber vent window strips, etc. at Classic auto parts in OKC. Alot of that stuff is made by Dale Mfg. co., the same guy that owns classic (use to be Ford Obsolete).contact info in out listing of suppliers.
Not sure what you meant by "vent window glass holder inner".......? The glass for the vents is set in the frame with a liquid rubber. (there is no seal or gasket as such. Let it get messy, trims real nice with a blade after setting up.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dmkberger

Thanks for your response!
I thought that was the case but could not find anyone who knew what I needed to use, store bought rubber or other material...
Now I know what I need to do for the vent windows and since the run channel is "out of stock", I will persue aftermarket items to fill the void and get this car back on the road!
It's only taken over 8 years to get to this point, but at least the car will be driveable, interior done and it can be painted whenever...
Thank you so VERY much!

dmkberger

Just so you guys know, I ordered and received all the window channel that I have been looking for for a couple of months...
I did not know about the Oklahoma retail in parts such as those that I was seeking and now have a reliable source for the remainder of my build.
Thank you VERY MUCH!

RICH MUISE

A little late, but I just ran across an old thread on window channels.
https://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=1405.msg7647#msg7647       scroll to the thread beginning
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe