News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Quarter repair panels and trunk drops

Started by gasman826, 2022-11-27 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

'57-58 Custom, Ranchero, Wagon, Courier rt & lf Classic 2 Current Fabrication trunk drops...local pickup...$50.00

Jaybird

In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

glenmichael

Hello gasman826, I need a pair of trunk drops for the custom 300, Would I be correct in ordering Classic 2 fabrication SKU 390-771? Safer to ask than ordering the wrong parts. Thanks Glen

gasman826

Ten years ago when I ordered my first pair of trunk drops, C2C was the only vender offering them.  C2C was making them.  I've used two sets of them and they fit quite well.  Several venders are offering the panels but I don't know who makes them.  The # 390-771 is the correct number for your car.  Fairlanes are a different number.  Let me know if I can help.

RICH MUISE

Gary, just out of curiosity, on your outer panels on the back lower corners.......are the left and right of two majorly different sizes? The panels I used years age, from Ford Obsolete, had a 2" radius on one side and a much smaller 2" diameter on the other!!! Easy fix, but I never even noticed the difference until after they were welded on and I began making the rolled pan for it. Not sure who the manufacturer was, but I bought them before I heard about EMS
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

No noticeable difference between these two panels.

glenmichael

Thanks Gary, Best part of 57fordsforever, knowledge and the willingness to share and of course the pictures. I learned these panels are made by a Veteran owned company and made in Michigan, win-win I ordered a pair, they also give a 10 percent discount to Veterans.

glenmichael

IMG_1407 (1).jpg The first Christmas present of the season, I'm not ready to install just yet, I will post pictures before and after when I do.

glenmichael

Sorry Gary, my loss, I need to check in more often and maybe not pull the trigger so fast. The panels I received look nice hopefully in the spring I will see how they fit.

gasman826