News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

FOUND Wagon or sedan windshield passenger side corner trim

Started by abe_lugo, 2023-01-11 00:33

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

No sure if they are interchangeable.  But I recently did the windshield and the fingers on the corner trim for the passenger side are long gone.  Looking for just that trim part. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Abe........the Custom sedans would be interchangeable with wagons and Rancheros, probably not the Fairlane sedans though. I know the corner pieces are small, but I think the A pillar/windshield angle on the Custom is different from the Fairlane. When you find good corners, make sure the back legs are intact, as they are steel rather than stainless, so they tend to rot away. Make sure you por-15 those back legs to preserve.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Thanks Rich.  I have a wagon and a Fairlane, I need the wagon style corners.  And yeah the fingers have Ritter away on one of them. 

abe_lugo

Found the trims at the pick a part today.

Scored a 59 gearbox and complete power brake unit with reservoir. and misc goodies.
Some beat me to the tailgate, the guy gave me one of the tailgate hinges, as one of mine is broken, he drove from AZ to Ontario,  and came to see that some had broken the rear glass for the trim. He wanted the glass, I told him to check out Auto City Class on ebay.

There is also a 59 4 door, a 58 Edsel 4 door.
The 57 Ranchero still has the Y block, most of the front clip, fenders are kind of toasty, the whole core support.
Rear is gone, I un bolted the bed cover and pulled the crust sending unit, gonna test some rust-a-way stuff on it.

abe_lugo

Junkyard haul pic. I'm going to see if the crush vinyl can be saved for the one door panel on the wagon that needs help. E6CF09D7-B7F5-405D-803D-EA8A841EE428.jpegDB5C89DD-6D5D-4884-B42E-857C43929E3C.jpeg 

hiball3985

Looks like some good stuff. I used a 58 steering box and it's such a great improvement over the 57 but never did the horn conversion..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang