News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sunliner top of right rear fender trim

Started by meric42, 2023-02-13 20:05

Previous topic - Next topic

meric42

I need the long stainless trim from the top of the right rear fender for my '57 Fairlane 500 Sunliner.  Mine currently has a left hand trim on both sides.  I don't need a high dollar NOS piece, just a suitable good driver piece would be nice.  Any help or leads gratefully received.  :)

RICH MUISE

Beautiful car!! I don't have what you are looking for, but What part of Oklahoma are you in? I do a lot of roadtrips and car shows in Ok.....so we might run into one another.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

Contact Larry Leingang, @ Mandan ND. I think I sold him 2 or 3 sets of rear 1/4 trim when he bought all my 57 parts. # 1-701-663-6197 [hm]  # 1-701-220-9558, cell  Hope this helps, take care, Alvin

ragtop

I got a pair from Dennis carpenter three years ago part number B7A-6429038-A Fit grate don't know if still making them

thomasso

I got a pair from Burton, the same people who also make the gold inserts about 10 yrs. ago for i think around 400 bucks, well worth it.  After straightening and polishing all the other mldgs. it was obvious that I would never get those long awkward pieces perfect.  I do still have the old ones but they need straightening and I think shipplng cost would be prohibitive. You would be welcome to them but I wont be home till mid May.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

meric42

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-02-13 21:23Beautiful car!! I don't have what you are looking for, but What part of Oklahoma are you in? I do a lot of road trips and car shows in Ok.....so we might run into one another.

Hi Rich, The car came from Claremore in Oklahoma north east of Tulsa, but I am in New Zealand.  I bought three four cars from the collection of my good friend Don Robbins after his passing in 2017.  Whilst on OK in mid 2018 I helped the family to get the collection up and running so they could be sold.  I bought the following cars from the family; an original '41 Ford Business Coupe with 50K miles on the clock, a 90% restored '51 Ford Convertible, a '53 Ford Sunliner Convertible and the '57 Ford Sunliner above.

All of these had been in the barn since at least January of 1996 when I first saw them and I have been working through them to get them driveable and in turn saleable with a view to keeping one in memory of my friend.  I have chosen to keep the '57 for myself, have now sold the '41, gotten the '53 up and driving, currently working through the '57 and yet to start properly on the '51.

With the '57 I have rebuild: the brakes, rear end, carburettor, generator, front suspension, sourced and rebuilt a correct '57 Fordomatic 3sp transmission, fixed a lot of bad wiring, fitted new hydraulics and replaced all the rubber seals on the convertible top, replaced the exhaust system, fitted factory spot lights, repaired the rusty floors 'properly', fitted new Coker WWW tires, changed to electric 2sp wipers using '60's Ford Galaxie parts, installed Pertronics ignition, removed/cleaned/sealed the fuel tank and I am currently replacing the door anti-rattlers after which there is still more to do :P