News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

302 alternator mounting

Started by meteor, 2008-12-11 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

For all you guys running a 302...how did you mount your alternator? I'm looking for a simple and clean solution like the older 289 brackets. I bought a set of these but there is no way to mount the adjusting bracket on the waterpump or timing cover.

thanks!
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

KULTULZ

Need to know vintage (year) of 302 and what other accessories you are using (AC-PS).

Type of ALT (1G or 3G)?

V-Belt, multi-rib or serpentine?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

meteor

It's an '87 302 (5.0 HO), no AC, no PS with a v-belt setup. I don't which type of alternator to use yet - so I haven't got one. thx!
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

KULTULZ

...sheesh...

I dropped the ball on this one...

Do you still need the info?

Sorry.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

Ford Blue blood

That engine has the reverse rotation water pump on it unless you changed it out.  Take a look at the cast pieces that mount the accessories for the 302, I was able to trim off the PS mount, used the AC mount (wanted AC on the car) and mounted the Alternator in the stock location.  Used a serpintine belt of custom length and the stock tension pully.  If I remember correctly the mounts were two parts, one part had the alt and tensioner and the second had the AC and PS.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II