News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Portland Swap meet

Started by 57chero, 2023-04-01 14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

I was out at the Portland (Oregon) Swap meet yesterday. I was wandering around and there was four or five chrome plating out fits there all from California so I stopped at one called D&R CHROMEcorr and was looking at all the wrapped up bumper's on their rack and noticed a front and rear bumper marked 57 Ford sedan, so I asked them how much there were he said $500 with a core or $600 out right wow that's really reasonable, they had a bumper there that showed all the stages of plating and the finished product and it looked beautiful to me. I don't know it could be a source for somebody needing new bumpers.

abe_lugo

Just make sure they parent business is not bumper boyz.  There are horror stories from them. 
Also that seems reasonable.  If the rear comes with the guards even better.  Guards are about 100-150 each rechromed.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Les from Colorado SPrings got some stuff from D & R back some years ago. Very good quality, and service as presented. They were doing the tri-state swap meet in Denver at the time. Nice to know D & R is still around.
Bumper Shop is where I got my stuff.........great quality and pricing, and definitely not to be confused with the Bumper Boys
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

1930artdeco

If that is the place I am thinking of, they did a great job for some small stuff I had them do. I was told it goes south of the border gets chromed and brought back.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan