News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Custom 300 parts

Started by JohnnyT, 2023-05-09 08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyT

Looking for some parts for a Ford Custom 300 that I am working to restore.  I need both front and rear bumpers in fair to good condition. But would be happy to at least a rear bumper for it.  I am also looking for a radiator for it - have tried to buy one from Fabulous Fords but the one that I need is out of stock and they have contacted the manufacturer and it is at least 6 months out or more.  It needs to be for a V8 with 6 Cyl mount.  I would appreciate if you have any of these you contacting me or if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate. Located in WV

RICH MUISE

Did you check with www.autocityclassic.com on the radiator? Not sure if you'll find  8cyl outlets locations w/ 6 cyl flanges though??? The radiator can be moved forward of it's original position by about 1 1/4 fairly easily though. If you need info on that, just ask.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

akusler763

I believe Auto City Classics has a V8 core size with I6 inlets.
1957 Fairlane 500 2-door Sedan w 390FE/C6
2001 Mustang GT Convertible
2016 F-150
1968 Thunderbird w 429/C6

JohnnyT

Thank you for the information I will check with them. 

KYBlueOval

Johnny T..........Check your PM (Private Message)

RICH MUISE

Some history...........When Auto City Classics first advertised radiators for '57 Fords, they showed a pic of a radiator with the outlets on the wrong side. I talked to them about it, as I was ordering my radiator then. They asked me what the outlets showed fit, and I told them "Nothing OEM". As far as I know they never corrected the pic, but verified what I needed was indeed correct in their inventory. Not sure if they actually ever had radiators like what was shown, but I've always advised guys to have them physically check their order to make sure it was what is needed. V-8 outlets with 6 cyl flange locations would be a good thing to have available.
.let us know what you find out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-05-15 09:45Some history...........When Auto City Classics first advertised radiators for '57 Fords, they showed a pic of a radiator with the outlets on the wrong side. I talked to them about it, as I was ordering my radiator then. They asked me what the outlets showed fit, and I told them "Nothing OEM". As far as I know they never corrected the pic, but verified what I needed was indeed correct in their inventory. Not sure if they actually ever had radiators like what was shown, but I've always advised guys to have them physically check their order to make sure it was what is needed. V-8 outlets with 6 cyl flange locations would be a good thing to have available.
.let us know what you find out.
Yes, when I ordered my new aluminum radiator from Auto City Classic, I sen they listed a V8 rad with 6 cylinder mounting, but since the photo did not look right, I just ordered the regular V8 radiator. It works fine, but if the rad was another inch or so further forward, I would prefer that.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.