News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Crown Vic

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2023-06-24 07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Got it home Thursday night!  Very pleased with the condition and lack of rust!  Will be starting on it after my sisters car is finished.  Plan on posting the build here if that is OK with the group.  That will be a new thread when it starts.......:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glenmichael

I,for one, have learned and enjoyed many things from this forum for lack of better words, and would love to follow your build of the 56 just like I would like to follow Gary's build of the 41 or 65 if he would like to share. I have owned many means of transportation 2 and 4 Wheel and enjoyed all of them . If my vote counts I would enjoy watching the Build. I have enjoyed the photos and comments from your 57 build so please continue. just saying, Thank you Glen

mustang6984

Quote from: glenmichael on 2023-06-24 19:27I,for one, have learned and enjoyed many things from this forum for lack of better words, and would love to follow your build of the 56 just like I would like to follow Gary's build of the 41 or 65 if he would like to share. I have owned many means of transportation 2 and 4 Wheel and enjoyed all of them . If my vote counts I would enjoy watching the Build. I have enjoyed the photos and comments from your 57 build so please continue. just saying, Thank you Glen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep!!!  :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I would be interested in seeing the build also, the CV is a great car..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

I'll do it then.  Hope to start really late this year or early in 24.....Cya there
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

James may have a different view, but that said, I sure don't have a problem with it......lol, it is a Ford, and besides, it'll be nice to compare the differences from our '57s.
In the meantime, some pics as-is would be nice. Glad to hear of the minimal rust!!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I have thought long and hard for a couple of days with no decisive answer.  I like the compassion and respect exhibited on this site.  I have no secrets and enjoy sharing.  My future projects will stray from the '57 arena.  I have had no problem with the occasional issues and solutions shared involving non-'57s.  Most of these non-'57 discussions involved '53-'64 model years on pickups, Mercury, Thunderbirds, Galaxies, Edsels, and Canada versions shared some parts.  Now for the big BUT.  This is a '57 site and my '41 and '65 projects are a little too many years apart to blur into this site. 

KYBlueOval

I for one, would enjoy keeping up with your build on this slightly older cousin, to our'57's. We just might learn something.
John

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-06-26 17:14I have thought long and hard for a couple of days with no decisive answer.  I like the compassion and respect exhibited on this site.  I have no secrets and enjoy sharing.  My future projects will stray from the '57 arena.  I have had no problem with the occasional issues and solutions shared involving non-'57s.  Most of these non-'57 discussions involved '53-'64 model years on pickups, Mercury, Thunderbirds, Galaxies, Edsels, and Canada versions shared some parts.  Now for the big BUT.  This is a '57 site and my '41 and '65 projects are a little too many years apart to blur into this site. 

For what it's worth...I reply with all respect...BILGE WATER!
This id a '57 forum yes...first and foremost. BUT most all of us have other vehicles. AND you have been a wealth of knowledge, help and respect to and for all of us

If we are having a vote here..my vote is that BOTH of your current projects can be displayed in the project build thread. In fact, I for one...would be hurt to NOT have it in this forum.

Stick around Gary...we can still learn stuff from you.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Agreed, Gary your talent needs to be shared!  The things I have learned here are most invaluable!

I joined a 56 site, seams that they are mostly "finished" cars and parts for sale.  One of my post there is still "pending", been six days......they don't seam to be very "open" with discussing stuff about building, fixing and finishing so I'll hang with you guys even if James says no.  No hard feeling either, just walking the line a little loosely.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

hiball3985

One great advantage with the 55-56 is the parts availability compared to 57.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-06-26 17:14I have thought long and hard for a couple of days with no decisive answer.  I like the compassion and respect exhibited on this site.  I have no secrets and enjoy sharing.  My future projects will stray from the '57 arena.  I have had no problem with the occasional issues and solutions shared involving non-'57s.  Most of these non-'57 discussions involved '53-'64 model years on pickups, Mercury, Thunderbirds, Galaxies, Edsels, and Canada versions shared some parts.  Now for the big BUT.  This is a '57 site and my '41 and '65 projects are a little too many years apart to blur into this site. 

I don't believe I'd ever get tired from pics of your cammer project.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2023-06-28 15:56I don't believe I'd ever get tired from pics of your cammer project.

:icon_super:  :hello2:  :wave:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

I have always thought this site is fantastic, dedicated to the 57 only.... BUT.... (and this is my opinion only) I believe maybe?,.... a section should be open to 55-59 Fords.... definitely 57-58 share a lot.. 59's are an Orphan year... but 55-56 share a crossover as well.
I love them all.... 
Saying all that..I would love to see Bill's 56  and the workmanship.He has been here a while and again,. my opinion only.... he has earned it.

I do think opening up the site to a few years of relative Fords would bring a lot of traffic... which also means possible headaches.... 
anyhow.... just my thoughts.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Quote Jeff: "I do think opening up the site to a few years of relative Fords would bring a lot of traffic... which also means possible headaches.... "
Jeff, I'm thinking along the same lines, I know your a moderator on the Hamb site.....as moderators we are kinda forced to think a bit differently. I remember years ago, when I first became a moderator, I opted to let a certain famous gent from San Diego onto the forum, even though his Ford was a '55.....well, as you may remember, that came back to bite me in the ass! That said, I have long thought the Hamb was missing a golden opportunity to become something huge and profitable by not having a section for non-traditional rides. So much knowledge by Hamb members cannot be shared with current rules.....so yeah, I would think a 55-59 section here would be great.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe