News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for Garnish molding center small molding

Started by ragtop, 2023-09-09 21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtop

Looking for the center molding that holds the two sides together with one screw in it for the dash Garnish molding found one from ford barn

abe_lugo

Did you say you found this?
I happened across one and the wrecking yard this week.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

ragtop

yes found one from a guy on ford barn thanks

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2023-12-28 01:54Did you say you found this?
I happened across one and the wrecking yard this week.
Grab it please.if you go back. I could use another. What sort of shape is the molding in? I have enough for one car that Alvin found for me in Montana...but need some more for the other. (Couriers.)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Hugh.........do you need the interior windshield garnish moldings.....complete set?I'm pretty sure I have a set. What about the driver and passenger door interior trim around the windows? I believe I have a pair.
John

mustang6984

If they will fit the windshield for a Courier yes. As I said, I have one set that Alvin found for me. I know that there are differences between some of the sedans and the Courier. Ranchero and I believe  most station wagons are the same.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Hi guys.  I only grabbed the center and some had already bent up a couple pieces of the set.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-12-28 15:25If they will fit the windshield for a Courier yes. As I said, I have one set that Alvin found for me. I know that there are differences between some of the sedans and the Courier. Ranchero and I believe  most station wagons are the same.
Hugh........IF the windshields are the same (Ranchero&Courier) I believe I have what you need.Let me know, if the windshields are the same and I'll dig the pieces out of the attic. It's cold up there!
What about the moldings for the doors? Do you need them as well?
John

mustang6984

I believe the doors I have plenty of. I will check next time I head into the shop, which should be tomorrow. COLD in there too!  :icon_bigsmurf:  But I'll heat it up with my torpedo heater. Thanks.
BTW...how is the car coming? Are we looking at a drive this summer?

Anyone...Ranchero and Courier windshields the same? I believe they are...confirmation please? Thanks in advance.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Rancheros, Couriers and wagons and red sedan should all the be the same. 

Fairlane hardtop and club models 2/4 door are shorter.

mustang6984

?"Red" sedan? Was that a misspell or am I missing something? (I might be...wouldn't be the first time.)

Thanks for the confirmation on Rancheros and Couriers though.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Ranchero and courier are the same, as well as Customs and wagons. It's all of the Fairlanes that are different.
I have no clue what Abe meant by RED sedan. I can't even think of anything it would be an abbreviation for. Maybe he wears rose-colored glasses.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

I meant to type Reg sedans like 300. Should be the same tall window. There only the hardtop window and the sedan window.  2 window sizes.
That auto correct gets me.

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2023-12-29 21:04I meant to type Reg sedans like 300. Should be the same tall window. There only the hardtop window and the sedan window.  2 window sizes.
That auto correct gets me.

Okay...thanks Abe. Appreciate the info. I knew there were differences in the sedans.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2023-12-29 04:48Hugh........IF the windshields are the same (Ranchero&Courier) I believe I have what you need.Let me know, if the windshields are the same and I'll dig the pieces out of the attic. It's cold up there!
What about the moldings for the doors? Do you need them as well?
John
Hugh........I have all 7 pieces that go around the windshield. Do you need the rear view mirror? I have one, plus the plate/molding that mounts the mirror. Glass is excellent, metal has surface rust.
Check your PM
John