News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB '58 Ford Wagon/Ranchero Rear Bumper CORE

Started by KYBlueOval, 2023-09-12 04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm looking for a good,'58 Wagon/Ranchero rear bumper core. I'm not concerned about the condition of the chrome. But it needs to be reasonably straight, and no " rust through". I do not need the bumper guards.
Jerry Miller confirmed that the rear bumpers on '57 Wagons and Rancheros, are in fact different from rear bumpers on'58 Wagons and Rancheros, in case you are wondering.
PM though the '57 Forum or Call or Text.....5 Zero Two  77 Three  Zero 59 Two 
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

John, it's been many years, but I'm pretty sure Owens salvage in Wellington Tx. had '58 wagons.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

damn saw about two recently- some 57 are stating to pop up at local yards. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KYBlueOval

Abe, Thanks! I have a '57 Ranchero, but I'm looking for a '58 Ranchero or Wagon rear bumper, to use on my '57.
Please let me know if you happen to see one.
Thanks
John

abe_lugo

KYBlueOval

Thanks Abe........It appears that the rear bumper is gone.
John

abe_lugo

I did a search and found an ebay add for 2 rear  57 victoria bumpers and 1 58 bumpers all in one for a reasonable price, but thats a lot of bumpers!

are the brackets different also??

BTW  I just like looking at ads, not a mod IM doing. Trying to help out.

KYBlueOval

Thanks Abe, to my limited knowledge,the rear bumper on Wagons/Rancheros and I believe Sedan Deliveries as well, are different, from sedans etc, as are the bumper brackets.
If I'm incorrect, someone on the FORUM, will set the record straight.
John

Ford Blue blood

John my Ranchero had bumper brackets on it when it came home.  They lined up and bolted to the sedan bumper I purchased.  The only difference I know of is the Ranchero/Wagon bumper had a little hole drilled above the bolt holes where the guards mounted for the wire for the license lights. 

Not saying this is the absolute proper arrangement/fit, just what I experienced with mine.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Bill, I appreciate that information. Thanks.

Yesterday I measured the '57 Ranchero rear bumper to the rear bumper on a '58 SD. The bumpers are the same shape, but drilled differently.
The center to center measurement for the holes that mount the '57 bumper guards is 30 inches. On the '58 it is 18.5 inches.

I'm going with the '58. So, I'm still in the hunt for a decent '58 Core for a '58 Wagon/Rancero/Sedan Delivery rear bumper............I already have the bumper guards.

When I find the '58 bumper I need, I'll have 4 '57 Wagon/Ranchero/Sedan Delivery rear bumpers and bumper guards to sell. I also have 3-4 front bumper cores that I'll sell. Stay Tuned.
John

abe_lugo

Please post before and after rear pics, eventually.   

I know guys do a conversion to 58 Victoria bumpers.  Would make for a good reference to this post.