News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rollup window channels

Started by 58villager, 2023-12-15 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

58villager

hey folks, starting to rehab my window channels on the bermuda. anyone have any ideas on how to reattach the "button "clips to the backside of the new channels? read the post earlier about bending the new channel around plywood shape.but nothing on the clips. any ideas/suggestions welcome. thanks gerald
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

RICH MUISE

I just glued mine on using the old channels as a guide as to where. Can't remember exactly what I used, probably a 2 part epoxy adhesive.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I used epoxy to glue channels directly to the door frames.  I install channels in two cars several years ago with no issues.  By the time the channels need to be removed for a repaint, they will be old enough to be replaced.  One less place for dirt and water infiltration.

Ford Blue blood

The channels that run around the door windows?  The part I got from Carpenter had the clips on them.  If you are talking the "fuzzies" on the doors the door fuzzy had clips and te garnish fuzzy I used 1/8" pop rivets and painter the heads with markers.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57chero

Mine came with the clips installed and were spaced perfectly to fit the door, same with anti-window rattler fuzzy things. I think I got them from Restoration Specialties & Supply Inc.

cokefirst

I just finished my 56 Thunderbird and I bought the tool to set the rivets that holds the window channel to the window channel pillar.  Most of the suppliers sell or send you steel rivets.  I tried several time to get them to set and would up with loose rivets and a piss poor installation.  I found that Casco in Coshocton Ohio sell them in Brass.  I used their rivets and the installed just like the factory, a perfect roll over of the rivet.  I only had to install and remove the front pillars 6 times before I got them to fit and work right. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed