News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

IOnterior color code/name

Started by 1930artdeco, 2023-12-29 20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Hi All,

What is the name and paint code for the chocolate color inside my 57 Country Sedan? Is it 'Mocha Brown' and if so anyone have a paint code or will a shop be able to look it up?

Thanks,

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

abe_lugo

Interior  colors are harder to find good chips for. 

Btw this trim piece I found came off a 1958 Edsel  Bermuda wagon and it was brown inside! Not sure if the same mocks was used for Edsel.  I think Gunther's CS is the same color brown. 

The best case is to find the moved piece of paint and you are happy with and take it to a paint shop and have them custom mix mix a half gallon for you.

I just did the inferior paint on the 57 hardtop
All the garnish trim dash and sheet metal parts took a bloody a quart and half.  I'm sure want trim will take more.

One last note most interior colors were a semi gloss look.  Not glossy.  But not fully matte. 

You can get semi gloss clear and shoot everything when you're done with your base color.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

thomasso

My understanding is that the interiors were done in lacquer to reduce gloss.  I did mine with spray can lacquer, seems correct. Of course it is black so no matching problems.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

mustang6984

Quote from: thomasso on 2023-12-29 22:47My understanding is that the interiors were done in lacquer to reduce gloss.  I did mine with spray can lacquer, seems correct. Of course it is black so no matching problems.

Back in my 20's...I had a side gig going stripping and sanding smooth and taking out or filling in small dings in trim for windshields/doors etc for 55-57 Bow-ties and Fords. Always used spray cans, for a primer coat and then cover coats. Always looked fine. Made some decent money doing what  no one else wanted to take the take the time to do.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker