News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mecum 2024

Started by flatbedfred, 2024-01-17 06:18

Previous topic - Next topic

flatbedfred

Well the first Mecum auction of 2024 has just concluded and it ws a big one. I looked online beforehand and there were more than half a dozen 57 Fords. I am about half way through my recordings of the auction and I haven't seen one 57 Ford.

RICH MUISE

Let us know what you find. Thanks!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

I looked online at the results, they don't list the sales price. I saw 6 cars.

Lot #                      Model                                           Result
F201.1           High-end Custom, 5.4L, 5spd Art Morrison Chassis         No sale
W101             Skyliner, original paint & interior                      sold
T49              Sunliner, 312, auto                                      sold
U175             Custom, Fireball Roberts race car                        No sale
L216             Fairlane 2dr hdtp, 428 4spd                              sold
L129             Custom, prop car "Mad Men" series                        sold
Lynn

mustang6984

"U175             Custom, Fireball Roberts race car                        No sale"

Is this the one that used to sit in the basement display at Dick Clarke's show palace in Branson MO?

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Lynn

mustang6984

Yep...I do believe that is it. Been 15 years since I last saw it in Clarke's place, but sure looks like the one. Be nice to have the $$$ to buy it...but nope. Notice...shifter was still on the column too! True "stock car" as opposed to what there is today.
Thanks!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

I thought that all the 57 Fords raced in NASCAR used either the 2x4 barrel or supercharged 312s. That late 70s-early 80s Ford air cleaner certainly looks out of place.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I agree.......I believe, back in the day, only the supercharged 312s had 300 hp.......and that certainly isn't one of them. No title??? only a bill of sale. I can see why it didn't sell.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-01-19 20:51only a bill of sale. I can see why it didn't sell.

Vehicles supplied for racing by the factory didn't then, nor do they today come with titles. It is to keep them from being licensed and driven on the street.
A "body in white Mustang" for instance comes with the BoS but no title even today. Even if you are not racing for a factory team, you still get only the BoS.
As for the engine...cannot speak to that, guess one would have to ask the current seller for the provenance and an explanation of why the engine a[pp[ears different.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker