News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear outside door handles

Started by 58villager, 2024-01-21 14:44

Previous topic - Next topic

58villager

hey folks. finally got the bermuda off to paint. started to rehab parts,but door handles pretty rough. anyone know if someone repops the rear handles?
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

RICH MUISE

Are they different from the front?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Can`t speak to their 57/8 door handles, but I have new door handles on my 59 that I bought from Dennis Carpenter, that I bought about 5 years ago, and I am very happy with how they look, and fit. Very nice chrome, too.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

Ditto on my '57 front handles.......about 10 years old now, still look like new......but he is asking about rear handles.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

I understand that, but just mentioning that I was happy with the quality of the Carpenter door handles. No idea if they offer rear handles, or if they are any different than the fronts, but if they do, hopefully they are of the same quality.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

58villager

hey guys checked with carpenter rear handles not available. front and rear are different,(fronts fit on convex surface on door while rears fit concave surface(just under beginning of fin) maybe someone has good used set (all 4?) driver quality.have 2 sets but all are very badly pitted. 
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

mustang6984

I'll look at my stash for you. I have a few around.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

58villager

hey guys. thanks for all the replies. mustang, if you find a set please send me the particulars (price,condition,pics if possible) email to edselwagon1@gmail. probably won't be able to get them rightaway,but fiqured i'd start looking!! (paintwork has stretched my budget!) hopefully have $$ soon. thanks Gerald

mustang6984

I'll be down in the shop on Saturday. I'll look then and see what I have, and what kind condition they are in. Price will be something around hamburger price LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Well...I looked at the ones I have, and one appears to be fairly decent, but all the rest are gonna be making trips to the chrome shop. I have about 8 or 9...need 6.
None are off the doors. But if you don't have any...I can get them off for you. Let me know.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

58villager

thanks for the effort on the door handles. thought maybe i get lucky. guess it's time to look for an affordable ?! chrome shop lol

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: 58villager on 2024-02-03 12:15thanks for the effort on the door handles. thought maybe i get lucky. guess it's time to look for an affordable ?! chrome shop lol

There is one near me, in Cuba MO. I see them at car shows around here. Might give them a ring, they seem to be fairly well spoken of around here, and the prices weren't complained about...well...too much.
There used to be one up in British Columbia too that guys in WA state took their stuff to. Don't remember the name of it, but the place was very highly spoken of.  (Been 7-8 years since I was checking out chrome shops up that way.)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-02-03 23:41There is one near me, in Cuba MO. I see them at car shows around here. Might give them a ring, they seem to be fairly well spoken of around here, and the prices weren't complained about...well...too much.
There used to be one up in British Columbia too that guys in WA state took their stuff to. Don't remember the name of it, but the place was very highly spoken of.  (Been 7-8 years since I was checking out chrome shops up that way.)

The shop in Cuba MO. is  Highline Plating  800 596 5473
They make periodic runs through several states doing delivery and pick ups.
If interested, I'd suggest you inquire if they are coming your way.
They come to Louisville at least once a month and meet customers in a designated parking lot.
John