News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 NOS Wheel housings

Started by Moldy, 2024-02-11 10:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Moldy

Saved from the scrap recyclers decades ago,a friend of mine was clearing out his storage barns , he had a Skyliner, and a 58 Ford.

I don't want to offer yet, as my cousin now deceased has a 57 and a 59 Galaxy convert and a 58 Lincoln Premier Convert, his wife wont sell so these may go to if needed or, I will offer here. I have to go over his cars this spring and get them up and running for cruise shows this summer for her.

Could somebody lookup up these part numbers on them to see what they would fit?

They are:
B7A 7027882A
B7A 7027883A

Kind Regards
Marv

lalessi1

Those parts are for the '57. PN#'s that start with B7A are for that year. I did find those inner wheel well sheet metal parts in the illustration part of the parts books I have. They fit several models of Fairlanes I believe. I  couldn't locate those specific part numbers in the ID numbers section though.
Lynn

Moldy

Roger on the B7, Thanks for taking the time to look up the numbers, I spent 3hrs yesterday searching using google and the numbers -  nothing which leads me to believe these are now obsolete sheet metal parts. I am going to see if the 58 Edsel or Mercury lines are possible fits.
Will keep watching this board for other replies.

Below are a few of his cars we had fun with 10 yrs ago going to the Apple Butter festival up at 6am to get a free 1 gallon of cider for 7am then off to pancake breakfast, 57, 59, 65.
Regards

RICH MUISE

Hey Moldy....welcome to the forum. I see you've been lurking for 8 years, lol. Better late than never on the posting.
That's a rare part you have there. If I might make a suggestion..........call EMS and tell them what you have. They may be interested in them so they have something to either reproduce in full (highly doubtful) or for a pattern to make repair patch panels for the outer 4 or 5 inches around the wheelwell opening. Nobody I'm aware of even makes that, and they're a bitch to hand form..ask me how I know.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

I finally found the part numbers. They fit all 57/58 models except body style 51A (retractable hardtop). I will buy them from you if you decide to sell them. I doubt they will fit the Edsel or Mercury, they match up to the rear quarter opening. My car needs both of them. I sent you a PM with my contact info.
Lynn

Moldy

Rich;
Thank you for the Suggestion, never heard of EMS other than the first responders. Yes I can imagine how difficult the english wheel would be in patches, then weld to make 1.

Lynn;
thanks again for taking the time to look up, checked my inbox and will reply back.

Appreciate the knowledge
Marv

RICH MUISE

Lynn, I hope you end up with these. If you do, and it's a project down the road a ways, You might want to talk to EMS about borrowing them. Years ago, someone had something (can't remember what) that they wanted to borrow, rather than buy. I'd just make sure they have a time limit. Sorry to complicate things, but I think this would be a unique opportunity for EMS , and mostly a big plus for all of us '57 guys.
Moldy: EMS is the premier (and sole) manufacturer of USA made r&r sheet metal parts for our '57s. They do an excellent job on what they make and we are grateful for their products. Their contact info can be found in our listings of suppliers.

lalessi1

Rich
I think that is an excellent idea. I will contact EMS if I am fortunate enough to wind up with the parts.
Lynn

KYBlueOval

Lynn........The owner of EMS is Alex, and I don't recall his last name . He is in Detroit. Nice guy, easy to work with.
John

RICH MUISE

Our "new/old member, Moldy,is doing an awesome job of trying to get things set up with EMS, and then having them forward the pieces to Lynn. Marv (Moldy) is in Ontario, not too far from Alex/EMS. So, KUDOS to Marv for trring to do the '57 Ford world some justice!!