News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HEADLIGHT SURROUND FOR HEADLIGHT BUCKET

Started by alltin33, 2024-02-27 17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

alltin33

Need to rplace the headlight bucket surround because someone tryed to use 1956 ford headlight rings any ideas. I dont want to cut up good fenders just to fix the problem.

mustang6984

Looking to verify what you need.
Are you speaking of the trim piece that screws over the headlight AFTER the light is installed into the housing?
A pic of what you're looking for would be good. If it is that piece your looking for...I have some extras. Buckets...no.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

ditto what Hugh said. The "surround" is the sheetmetal spot welded to the fender, a major project, particularly with the poor reproductions available... I think Hugh was correct.....you're probably looking for the headlight bezels.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

BEZELS! That's the word I had lost. LOL!!! Thanks Rich!

I have some...if that is what you're looking for, I can part with one or two I believe. I used to grab them every time I saw one in a yard.
I only need 4...the ones on the Fairlane were still good, so I only need for the two Couriers. I will check my stack out tomorrow...I actually know EXACTLY where they are. Been "organizing" the shop a bit over the last few weeks as I get ready to prime the SVO Mustang.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alltin33

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-02-27 19:01Looking to verify what you need.
Are you speaking of the trim piece that screws over the headlight AFTER the light is installed into the housing?
A pic of what you're looking for would be good. If it is that piece your looking for...I have some extras. Buckets...no.
it is where the area where the head light bucket clips go to hold the head light bucket in.

alltin33

I need the piece that goes around where the headlight bucket screws into and holds the headlight bucket in place. 

lalessi1

Is this what you are looking for? I know EMS has recently redid their stamping and this is a much improved re-pop...

https://emsautomotive.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_68&product_id=205
Lynn

mustang6984

Don't think I have any extras of that...if what is in the pic lalessi1 put up. But I'll check.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alltin33

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-02-28 08:36Don't think I have any extras of that...if what is in the pic lalessi1 put up. But I'll check.
Quote from: lalessi1 on 2024-02-28 07:12Is this what you are looking for? I know EMS has recently redid their stamping and this is a much improved re-pop...

https://emsautomotive.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_68&product_id=205
I just need the ring around where the headlight bucket bolts to. just need to fine someone with a fender the not worth saving and cut out the part I need.   Or take an old gasket an make a pattern,

gasman826

The cheapie, repop panel would work fine as a section repair donor but NOT as whole panel replacement.  The body lines will just not match up.  I have also found a rust-free, crushed fender that had a salvageable panel.

mustang6984

Looked at my stuff...I do not have one to part with. Sorry.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alltin33

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-02-29 10:04Looked at my stuff...I do not have one to part with. Sorry.
anyone have gasket I can make copy of? Then I'll have someone make copy out of 16 gauge sheet metal