News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranch Wagon Filler Neck O-ring

Started by Jaybird, 2024-02-28 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaybird

Hi would anyone have a source for the Wagon/Ranchero fuel filler neck o-ring? Or if anyone has one, could you measure it and I'd be more than happy to track down a source and post a good part number.

Last year, one of the vendors offered the o-ring....then when I went to order it, it became unavailable again.

I've searched the forums and searched for numbers from old posts but haven't had any luck. I'm not far from Green Sales and they didn't have it either.

Thanks! Jaybird
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

abe_lugo

My wagons neck is just floating in space maybe I'm missing the plate and rubber.
If you don't find one perhaps the f100 one would work?

I though you meant at the top of the filler next, not at the joining part, thanks for posting that info.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KYBlueOval

Timing is everything..........Yesterday I was going through some parts and came across an "O" ring that I had labeled as being for a Ranchero gas filler pipe to gas tank.
I will go by the local Parker Store and get it measured. Might be tomorrow before I get by there.
Stay tuned.......
John

KYBlueOval

I stopped by a Parker Store and they matched up an "O" ring to the one I have.
The Parker Store part number is   328-N-70

The specs are: ID   1 7/8"
               OD   2 1/4"
               H    3/16"

I hope this helps. I believe my sample "O" ring is the correct one for Rancheros, SD and Wagon, but I can't guarantee it, as I have not put any fuel my tank as of yet.
John

Jaybird

John, Thanks for taking the time to do that. The N material looks like its the best application for gas. Found a pack of 50 on Amazon cheap. I have them on the way. I'll send an update as soon as they arrive. Thanks again! Jaybird
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

KYBlueOval

Glad to do it Jaybird. This Forum has been very good to me. Shared a lot of information with me, steered me in the right direction, and cultivated new friends.I appreciate the all the help, and getting the "O" ring info, is my way of paying the Forum back.
John

KYBlueOval

When I bought these "O" rings from The Parker Store, I bought a couple for a friend of mine here in Louisville that owns a '58 SD, that I might add has had a leaking filler pipe.

The very good news is that my friend installed the "O"ring previously described and then filled the tank. When he arrived home he put a pan under the tank in case it leaked as it had in the past. Next morning he checked it, and there was no leak!

Although it is only one test, I believe you can go with this size "O" ring, if you have a '57-'59 Wagon, Ranchero or Sedan Delivery (Hugh are you listening) this "O" ring should work for the required "O" ring on the  gas filler pipe to the gas tank.
John

Jaybird

I plan on swapping the o-ring out one day next week. I'll do the same test and shoot a picture or too just in case it helps anyone.

FYI - I have a bag of 50 o-rings (because they were just cheap). After I get mine installed I'll offer up the other o-rings to anyone that needs them. Just DM me contact info.
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp