News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1958 parts

Started by wildhog, 2009-01-01 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

I AM LOOKING FOR THE DEFROSTER SET UP OUT OF 58, I CUT THE WIPPER MOUNT OUT OFA58 AND WELDED IT INTO MY 57 RANCHERO,SO KNOW I CAN RUN THE 58 WIPPER ARM UNDER THE DASH AND NOT RUN THE CABLES AND WIPPER MOTOR ON THE FIREWALL. BUT NOW THE 57 DEFROSTER WILL NOT FIT ,SO IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME WITH A 58 SET UP .PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

The 58 part is cardboard, and has the space in the center for the wiper motor.  The best thing to do, or what I plan to do is to use T-Bird defroster duct assemblies. They are individual ducts, made of steel, and use two small round duct tubes to connect to the plenum.  You will need to fabricate a square to dual round adapter for your heater assembly.  That is probably the easiest, unless you cut up the steel 57 part.  Either method will involve a bit of welding and cutting.  I have a `58 plenum, but it is in pretty bad shape.  The `58 wiper assembly swap is one of the best things you can do to a `57 as far as I am concerned..I hate those cable wipers, as even when they are well adjusted, it doesnt take much to screw them up....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.