News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

swiftsure power brakes

Started by 58villager, 2024-06-20 22:10

Previous topic - Next topic

58villager

hey all. looking for a complete swift sure power brake system.(pedal support ,pedal, bellows, vac canister ,hoses, hardware ,m.c. (if available)).want to put on the bermuda. not exactly factory spec,but don't like the looks of the aftermarket boosters, but don't like the treadlevac m.c. set-up. besides, already has s.s. brake pedal!! email particulars please to edselwagon1@gmail. thanks Gerald   has auto trans,if it matters.
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

abe_lugo

I seen some setups on eBay for  Reasonable Prices. But make sure you get the reservoir. And also make sure it's the one with the one way check valve.  Some 59 set up have a check valve that is in the tube. 
Lastly the repair kit for the bellows seals is Available from one of T-bird shops.  I'll send a link if I find one
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

lalessi1

I have a complete set up including factory installation instructions. i am also not  too far away, I will PM you.
Lynn

lalessi1

I got your PM and responded. I can't post pics in a PM so here are a couple. There may be some smaller parts that are not in the pics but as it has been a while since I bought these parts I don't remember having anything else (I tried to keep it all together). I don't think the clutch pedal/parts or the pedal hanger bracket are necessary either. The instructions are overlapping copies of a larger drawing and can be easily pieced together.

Lynn

abe_lugo

Lynn can you post straight on pics of the instruction. Or is it the same off the manual?
At some point i removed my swift sure and then added it back.
I don't think I have a return spring on mine.   

lalessi1

Abe, What I have is (4) 8.5 x 11 photo copies of an 11 X 17 document. They overlap with borders so they need to be cut and pasted, I am hesitant to do that now (I think it is sold). but here they are.... I seem to be missing the lower RH corner so I only have a partial pic of "Detail F" and incomplete details on items 10 thru 14.
Lynn

lalessi1

Continuation...
Lynn

lalessi1

I found the "missing" corner
Lynn

abe_lugo

I might need to find underdash photos now.just to make sure my set up is correct.   But might also be looking at another 58 with PB that is 1 owner.  Not to let the cat out  :003:

BTW to the OP.  You need the 1-1/8 master.  I'm running the 80's Ford Mustang GT that had a 1-1/8 dual master