News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rebuilt E code

Started by alvin stadel, 2024-07-03 10:26

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I realy never said much about my E code rebuild since it was done. I had it back in my hard top by end of March. I just run it up and down the streets a little when everyone was at work or school. It sure sounded good and runs great. This last week my son [that is stationed in Vergina] and his family came to visit. He said, lets get some miles on this, and we headed for the highway. As many of you know I can't see to drive anymore, so riding shotgun is as good as it gets. I know it is no FE, but for a 57 E code it is crazy fast. When Jason opened it up you could hear the 2x 4's sucking air, what a great sound, it put a smile on my face. We have put quit a few miles on it now, but now he has to go back to his post. Maybe my wife or good friend will take it out for a run for me. I sure hope all of you have a great 4th with family and friends,

thomasso

Will be watching the fireworks from the Big M tonight in the Sunliner.  Will think of you.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

RICH MUISE

Sounds like a pretty exciting long trial run. Good for you, Alvin. It's just a bummer you can't drive anymore, but really great you have family and friends to help ease the situation. Yeah, I remember the sound of carbs sucking air...one thing I sure miss with my EFI.
I've got a local friend recently put in the same boat as you........he almost ran over a crowd of people because he "forgot how to drive" when leaving a local car show a few weeks ago! The only injury, fortunately, was a young boy whose father yanked him out of the path of the out-of-control truck, and dislocated his shoulder doing it.
I hope it's not too soon for me, not sure how well I could handle being grounded.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Glad you were able to get out!  Also glad your son was able to come for a visit.
Terry

mustang6984

Glad Jason was able to come up and take you for a serious run!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

So glad you had your baby out Alvin... nothing finer.
If I was your Neighbour.... I would be over daily to take you out... then there would be the restraining order and etc,etc.
ha ha 

Happy 4th.. to you and ALL members
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com