News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

1967 Ford Thunderbird Apollo concept in studio CN4804-121

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

1965 Mercury Comet Cyclone Sportster concept in front of scenic house AR-97-213544-8

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

1955 Assembly line at Windsor Engine Plant AR-2007-5

CobraJoe

FiveSevenLiter

This bridge over the Fraser River was replaced in 1962, it is still there and you can walk across.  I remember drving crossing it with my Father.  On the far side the bridges along the cliff were very from the old wagon road. Very sketchy.
It is called the Alexandra Bridge and it is just below Hells Gate.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

FiveSevenLiter

Is the plate for Henry Ford or Hank Williams?  You need to zoom in on the picture and read around the Ford logo.

CobraJoe

I give up, too blurry when I zoom in  :(

FiveSevenLiter

It says 'I got a hot rod FORD and a 2 dollar bill'

Tom S

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2023-09-12 19:11It says 'I got a hot rod FORD and a 2 dollar bill'
'en I know a spot right over the hill...'  :001:
I probably know most or all of the other lines from that old upbeat 1950s era tune. Any of you other old  geezers know it? Must be a vid of it on line somewhere.

djfordmanjack

djfordmanjack

I just had a late night shop session ( 3AM ) on Monday because I had to get things ready for sandblasting the next day.  Hank certainly helped me make it through the night...  :003:

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-09-13 03:19I just had a late night shop session ( 3AM ) on Monday because I had to get things ready for sandblasting the next day.  Hank certainly helped me make it through the night...  :003:
Several different performers recorded that tune & later on changed the original racist "like white folks might" reference to "like poor folks might" that Hank Williams used in Arkie Shibley's tune.
Anyway, this is the Red Foley version that I used to hear come on one of our few Anchorage radio stations when I was around 6 or 7 years old that has stuck in my brain all this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FnavMJ05Cc
Maybe I think it's a little better just 'cause what I remember & I like the ending much better. I am not a fan of the so called 'Country Music' but radio was different in the past & played every type of music. Today it seems different stations are segregated into playing only one type or style of music such as rock, country, soul & that non music called rap or maybe hip-hop. I don't know (or care) what the difference is between those two. I do think we are poorer for the radio station's segregation of music.
                    I do love a "HOPPED UP MODEL A"

25th SHINE 013 219 KB.jpgHot rod A coupe.jpg25th SHINE 009-2.jpg31 with top 4.JPG

djfordmanjack

Tom, you have an interesting front axle setup in that A. I like the spring shackles, that also work as a mounting bracket for the tubular shocks. Very neat and clean setup !

djfordmanjack

here is a direct link to the Red Foley tune you posted - a nice one, very swinging. I won't start elaborating on modern day mass produced music, it is mostly artificial noise. When I switch on the radio I can barely listen to the news and 10 minutes after...we don't even have 'segregated' radio stations...they basically all play the same horrible stuff...with lots of advertising. there is not a single station I can get on FM, that I could stand listening to all day long. Very few sometimes have special programs dedicated to Rock or Jazz, once in a week, but that's an hour or so at 8 or 10 pm...no Blues, no Surf, no Doo Wop, no Boogie, no (motown) Soul, no Country. hardly any of our own 'Country' ( Bavarian style folk music) anymore....just a never ending line of noisy, over produced junk with horrible lyrics.

Quote from: Tom S on 2023-09-14 03:05Anyway, this is the Red Foley version that I used to hear come on one of our few Anchorage radio stations when I was around 6 or 7 years old that has stuck in my brain all this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FnavMJ05Cc

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-09-14 03:13Tom, you have an interesting front axle setup in that A. I like the spring shackles, that also work as a mounting bracket for the tubular shocks. Very neat and clean setup !
Thanks! It's not really much different from others like it except for the dropped 1937 oval tube axle & maybe those brackrts. It's very, very rare to see a Ford oval tube axle that has been dropped. I took off the straight triangle shaped shackle/shock brackets that had peeling chrome on them & made the curvy shaped ones out of stainless, drilled a hole in the center, polished 'em up & put 'em on with stainless hardware. They look much better & will stay that way.
25th SHINE 015.jpg

I must have taken that pic a day or two after another one of our big earthquakes & before the earth re-leveled it's drunken self.