News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero build

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-09-12 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

That is looking like one SWEET Ranchero! There will be a lot of very jealous people on the roads of Alabama when you drive down the road.
I was in Birmingham for Mustangs Across America back in '09. I believe I have a reason to go back to that city again Was a great week there...grand people, and now looks like another grand car on the road!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Absolutley Beautiful Bill!  :thumbsup: :occasion14:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

iamflashman

I have soft spot in heart for Rancheros.  Nice looking car.
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, moving along ever so slowly.  Got the grill, park/turn lights and front splash pan installed.  Working on the side stainless.  Fender to door was a bit of a challenge, they didn't want to line up.  Made some small tweaks to the clip holes and got them squared away.  Waiting on the trim clips from Jerry Miller to finish the quarters.  Made the "joining" clip that ties the check and quarter pieces together out of some 19 gauge scrap I had.  Saw the picture of what the stock part is and figured there was no way to copy.  Cut at the exact width it holds them aligned and fits perfect with no bow to clear the sculptured indent.  The passenger side is just "siting" in place for the time being.  Got the gas tank hooked up (nurse tank is off) and ran the car for twenty minutes to make sure all is well.  Put four gallons of gas in and the gauge reads a touch above 1/8.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

I really like the Thunderbird hood scoop. Nice addition.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Looking great, Bill. How did you like the sample Diamond Cut 2 buffing compound I sent you? Compared to what you normally used?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

SWEET! No doubt about it...heads will be turning this summer when you roll down the road! Looking closer all the time to that day!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Looking really nice!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Ford Blue blood

Again, thanks guys.

Rich, I used most of it up, liked it, went to my paint guy.  He said he could get some but try this instead, Eclipse Premium Heavy Duty Compound. Well I ended up using it to finish the rest of the car.  It is more aggressive then the diamond cut so more care must be used.  After the Eclipse (wool pad) I had some 3M Perfect-it Foam Polishing Pad Glaze followed bu 3M ultrafine Machine Polish.  I had three good wet coats of clear so I knew how hard to press the cutting and buffing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

First trip around the block.  Feels good, steering is nice and tight (64 Galaxie box), ride is good, did not get up in speed to check the over drive but it felt good up through three.  Bumpers are at the platters, long lead time on them.  He said business is booming. Virus?

Will start work on the interior next, time permitting, life is going on!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

CobraJoe

Again, beautiful work. looking forward to the interior pics!  :003:

mustang6984

Looks really good! Once all the shiny parts are on...LOOK OUT! Going to be one sweet head turner.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

Outstanding Bill.... Love the color and especially the stance. Tremendous Job.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Very beauteous!!. so pretty in the sunlight, and your bodywork shows it off great. Done right. Got my approval..(lol, who cares, right?)
If I were you, I'd need to leave it sit where it is for a while and pull up a lawn chair and stare for a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Well Rich, the bumpers are at the platters for the very reason you stated.  Pulled a chair up (with an adult beverage or two) and pondered my belly button, decided the bumpers laying next to the car didn't do it justice.  They were "OK" but not "nice" so off to the phone to look for a place to drop them off.

Got the insurance updated, need to find out about the County Court House with respect to getting tags.  We can renew on line, just don't know about getting "new".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero