News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero build

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-09-12 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Got a little more accomplished.  Going slow, lost a good friend this past week.  Was having trouble dealing with it. 

Got the back panel finished, need to finish the mount for it, the bottom panel was a little "testy" with several tries to finally get a decent fit.  Those panel cards are a tough nut to crack!  Used three blades to get all the cutting done and good ol Harbor Freight hole punches.  The speaker grills will hold it in place.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Nice and clean! I like it! Going to be worth all the aggravation when it is done!

Sorry about the loss...been there...understand.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

So sorry for your loss....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Yes, sorry for your loss as well. I assume this was the widow of the old friend you were helping?
That panel is going to look great when finished. Good work as always, Bill.

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, yes Rich that was her.  Had a bunch of "what ifs" going around my little brain.  My youngest (she's a paramedic) gave me the key to straightening out my thinking.  Funeral tomorrow, doing the eulogy, going at it from the celebration of life angle.  Feel good about it!

Sure will be glad when 2020 is over........:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Sounds like your youngest, and I'm sure her siblings as well, has her head screwed on straight. I'm totally useless when it comes to coming up with the right things to say. Good for her, and you for raising them right!

Ford Blue blood

Just realized when changing my avatar that I never posted any pictures with the bumpers bolted up!  So we got underway again to exercise it and shoot a couple of it as it is now.  Need to tweak the front just a touch to raise the front to get rid of the slight angle it is on.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Sooooooo pretty!!!!!!! The body work and paint look outstanding.
"Need to tweak the front just a touch to raise the front to get rid of the slight angle it is on."?..........tweak the bumper or tweak the front suspension? Not sure what you meant, I'm guessing you meant the bumper, pics look like maybe just a tad more angle on it from the side. The car's stance looks perfect to me. How about a pic with a door open.
These are the best pics I've seen giving an overall feel to the car, and especially the hood. You and I used different approaches for the hood scoop with the same goal of subtle but effective. I really like yours alot. Hmmmmm.
Almost edited your last post by accident adding the scoop sentences.......I've got to be careful with this monitoring thing. That's the reason for the "last edit note on your post.

mustang6984

What a beauty! The stance is perfect! You have to be quite proud of the way she turned out!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, pretty happy with it.  Just wish I had a booth to paint in.  Got a couple of dead bugs, not sure how they get in the shop.....but I know where they are....The front bumper needs just a little tweak to raise the front of it to get ride of the very slight down ward angle.

Work continues on the interior.  I now have all the cards fitted and ready to cover.  The card that covers the back panel was a couple hours of six pack engineering.  Finally figured, there is a natural shape in the upper sheet metal that will take the top of the card.  The lower is fastened with a 3/4" X 3/4" hardwood square dowel and brackets that screw to the inner brace.  The side pieces will be held in place buy the back card and the metal trim (Thanks again John).  Kick panels are a good fit, the "holders" will need rust repair as is almost standard on these old things!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

mustang6984

All that patient prep is paying off. There is some serious green in my gills right now. I can't wait to get this cross-country move done and be able to start back on mine again.

She looks great.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Thanks, got distracted, wanted to get this in line with the last post....but life happens.

So here are the pieces all dummied in place.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

lalessi1

I think I have a decent kick panel retainer, not sure which side... If you are interested PM me, I'll try to find it. :burnout:
Lynn

CobraJoe

Looks Great Bill!!!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane