News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

FiveSevenLiter

35-years ago I brought this 1951 F-1 home.  Drove it for a few years then made a couple changes, 351-4V Windsor, C6, power steering and brakes, tubbed, new firewall, longer rear springs.  Still love driving it.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

Very nice!  :thumbsup:

djfordmanjack

so true ! I just love that pic, the Fairlane HT looks happy. its also a striking color combo. AND can anyone please appreciate this Lady, wintercoat on, hosing off and wiping clean her  ( probably) new posession ?! That 57 looks brandnew. the chrome sparkles showroom style.
poor old '52 Ford, Flathead and all, is probably getting tossed soon... :005:

Quote from: Marc on 2022-09-22 07:13Sometimes I look at a pic, and who knows why, but sometimes a car will actually look happy, or tired, or convey some sort of weird emotional aspect. Probably the lighting or camera angle, whatever.
Gotta say though, that 57 just looks happy.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-09-19 08:15

terry_208

G, if you're talking about the car behind the 57, it's a 54. From the outside, the 52-54 were the same body style the side chrome, grille, and taillights were all different.
Terry

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

My bad, T. I was going from the grillebar and 53 didn't have driving lamps in the grill and somehow I assumed it must have been a 52. but 54 even fits the bill better. car was only 3 years old when this lady ordered her brandnew Fairlane...  :002:

I guess she got fed up with the early one year only 239 Y block, when she wanted to replace the intake, cam and distributor with race type parts, and couldn't get them to fit the old mill....hahaha    :003:

Quote from: terry_208 on 2022-09-26 21:57G, if you're talking about the car behind the 57, it's a 54. From the outside, the 52-54 were the same body style the side chrome, grille, and taillights were all different.

djfordmanjack

There is a remarkable detail on this Bermuda wgn. As some of you may remember I have a German Taunus wagon, and the design of the bumper horns is exactly the same. it's even more interesting when we face the fact, that The Falcon and Comet compact projects were started in the US along with the Taunus P3 in Germany Cologne Ford motorworks in 1958. All of them had many 'oval shaped' design details in common, and most of all the Comet started out as an EDSEL compact, so much that many of the first generation Comet Compact have Edsel part numbers on them, including the original fullsize Edsel taillight lenses, and all of that got obsolete when Edsel faded away in 1960 and the Comet came to life for the Mercury division. COMET even has 5 letters like EDSEL, so the appearance of the prototype scrpits looks the same on Comets, even thought earlier says EDSEL. That is a very long story, please bear with me, but look at the Taunus bumper horns and then go back to the 58 Edsel Bermuda above. That certainly is Corporate design from the same studios.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-09-27 08:15

djfordmanjack

Here's the EDSEL badged compact ( later Comet) wagon and the use of '60 Edsel taillight lenses on the sedans.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Rich, I have no message from you in my inbox.

RICH MUISE

Are you looking ABOVE the forum's logo? Call me . I may or may not be in cell phone coverage for a few hours.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

SkylinerRon

The Comet lens look longer than the 60 Edsel lens.