News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I always enjoy looking at the pictures. This thread has to hold the record for the longest thread and the subject not being changed  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Nobody is bored, trust me. You don't want a thread that is constantly filled with "attaboy" comments, as on big forums like the Hamb. That's when it starts to get boring.
but as long as we're here.............ATTABOY! Thanks again
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Thanks guys much appreciated. I know I'm the new kid on the block and just hoping I wasn't over stepping my boundaries.  :003:

Ok, back to business....and sorry, but I have a soft spot for '68 Fastbacks

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Joe, I think all of us guys here are diehard Ford fans, so all of your posts and pics are much appreciated. For me a 34 3wd is as cool as a nice Comet or a Cobra or a 64 Galaxie.
Do you have any further information on the 56 Ford in post #463? that is one cool custom and it seems to be early, ie 1960s. it has head rests and way cool scallops on the hood and around the roof and what seems to be sunk Falcon or Galaxie taillights. That is a ride I would love to see more pics of.

CobraJoe

I do DJ, I just need to dig them up. Give me a bit
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

Sorry DJ, I looked everywhere, but I can't find it. I know it's from the James Appleby photo collection of Canadian cars from 1964 I had.....

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-10-04 15:15...Do you have any further information on the 56 Ford in post #463? that is one cool custom and it seems to be early, ie 1960s.

I'm a big fan of '56 Fords but that show car you mention doesn't do it for me.  Had a nice Tudor Ranch wagon for a long time that I rescued off the street before if was towed away and crushed. It was abandoned.  No wheels, most of the glass busted out.
Had a good rebuilt 272 (Wait! it was a 292!) & the T85? overdrive. I should have kept it.
I like the looks of this very clean '56 Vicky a lot better than that show car with those headrests stickin' up.  A '56 Vicky, (not the Crown Vic), is another car that's always eluded me. :(
Even those guys sittin' in one of my old vans here are impressed.  :002:

FiveSevenLiter

I don't where you are getting them from, but keep them coming.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

FiveSevenLiter

Carl's Black Bird, still around.  Getting a SOHC transplant.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

that T bird is cooool ! While on the dragstrip with a serious stance it still has customized Glaxie taillights. was probably still a street car?!

Joe, I am not so particular fond of the looks of that show 56, but rather what they did to it. judging by the clothes that people wear in the pic this is pre 1965. and those headrests - while huge, are an interesting touch. I have been thinking in using vintage styled headrests in some of my vintage cars, that I drive daily. a pic like that with the 56 makes proof that they were used even back then. there are even some very famous Barris Hotrods of the very late 50s that sport headrests. even the Lil Deuce Coupe ( also on the beach boys record cover) has them. I want to make them look on my cars as if they were an early 1960s item. As in the pic with the 56. also it has a nice array of louvers in the hood and I just totally like paneling paint/scallops, that run around the driprails and enhance the flow of the car. This is just my personal tast with mild customized cars. Of course the red Vicky is a totally cool and pretty ride. Nothing beats the factory when it comes to 55-57 Fords. Even Einstein thought about it, and said: if you are going faster than a tri Chev, it probably must be a Y block and it will keep the 56 forever young....or so. Elvis was just all shook up. :003:

djfordmanjack

Hey Jim, I think fall is coming in Cali too. I think you should get out and mount your heating hardtop  :002: :003:

CobraJoe

ford cougar concept car

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S on 2018-10-04 18:28
Even those guys sittin' in one of my old vans here are impressed.  :002:
Tom
      I think that those guys in your old van are still on the most wanted list.  Were they trying to steal the 56 Vicky so they could get away unnoticed?
Jay

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-10-05 03:09
Hey Jim, I think fall is coming in Cali too. I think you should get out and mount your heating hardtop  :002: :003:

Fall can't get here soon enough for me I'm cooked. This weekend should be better and I'm headed north to the Eagle Field drag races..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe