News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

I love watching "Thunder Road" whenever I get a chance to, but am always sad to see the ending.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

That is way cool Joe. I wanted to say that it's really early, and it is. but they are not 32 blocks ( pumps in 21 std head, but not horizontal water drain plugs). with the 4bangers in the line this is either a '33 pic or just slightly later (factory exchange) reconditioning units.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-10-28 11:59

totally stunning, valves and cam in block, distributor cover on and even heads on, with no crank yet in case, or is it ? cant make out clearly.
Is that guy at the same time painting the half assembled block on the floor without ever masking the crank or what ?
wow. we learn something everyday. :003:

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Nice T Bird
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-10-28 17:34
That is way cool Joe. I wanted to say that it's really early, and it is. but they are not 32 blocks ( pumps in 21 std head, but not horizontal water drain plugs). with the 4bangers in the line this is either a '33 pic or just slightly later (factory exchange) reconditioning units.

totally stunning, valves and cam in block, distributor cover on and even heads on, with no crank yet in case, or is it ? cant make out clearly.
Is that guy at the same time painting the half assembled block on the floor without ever masking the crank or what ?
wow. we learn something everyday. :003:

I've got a bunch more; not sure if they are all Fords...

djfordmanjack

No regrets Joe. all genuine Ford Flathead engines ! I am not sure if this is factory assembling of new engines or remanufacturing process, as advertised by Ford back in the day.
the pic in the middle shows 21stud engine (pre 39) and 24 studs (39 up), which indicates a repair shop. the engine to the left shows early factory lightweight hollow lifters. cool !

the last pic shows 21 stud engines with front of block waterpumps and torque tube drive pssgr transmissions with floor shifters, so they should be '38 engines.

They are superb pics for a fan of early iron.

CobraJoe

hemidave

Speaking of flatheads..1953 Ford. In the mid 50s our family would go on a 2 week vacation to Canada. After loading up the tent, Coleman lantern and stove, and stopping for a big chunk of ice, we would head up Rt 5 through Vermont. On one trip a black '52 Ford sedan with a bunch of guys was itching to pass us. Once they did, the driver cut right in front of us. My father braked and swerved, and asked if I was ok, and said "Don't worry, we stick together as a family."  I thought " If I had my dream '53 Ford convertible with a hot flathead, I would have blown by him!"

CobraJoe

Route 5 through Vermont, you a Massachusetts boy? Springfield area maybe?
  :006:

RICH MUISE

And are you the same Hemidave on the Hamb now residing in Austin?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-10-29 19:06
Route 5 through Vermont, you a Massachusetts boy? Springfield area maybe?
  :006:
Florence, MA

hemidave

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-10-29 21:13
And are you the same Hemidave on the Hamb now residing in Austin?
No Rich, I live in Florence, MA.

CobraJoe

Quote from: hemidave on 2018-10-29 23:08
  Florence, MA
Close enough, nice to see another member from MA!

CobraJoe