News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Looks like you got the hang of this Imgur stuff Jeff....

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

Shootout
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

Man, that Chevy police car sure is smoking alot. I guess the crowd across thew street isn'too worried about stray bullets. Dave, any info on this pic?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Dec 1957
"Two desperate gunmen walked through clouds of tear gas with their hands up today, surrendering after a dramatic three - hours in which they dickered for freedom while holding terrified hostages in a bar. Scores of police officers surrounded the Beacon Cafe in this suburb 15 miles southwest of Los Angeles while hundreds of spectators watched as the tense drama played out to its conclusion. First, after negotiations for freedom were unsuccessful, one of the bandits threw out his gun and came out of the bar with his hands up. Then the second bandit left by a back entrance, into the hands of waiting officers. i One of the first hostages to leave was a cocktail waitress who was crying from the tear gas. Another- hostage, James Triggs, came out pleading for air. . Police said they believed there were six hostages with the two bandits in the embattled restaurant. At first it was reported that one of the bandits trapped in the bar was Albert Kostal, an escaped convict who faces a murder charge. But later it was determined that neither was Kostal. The two were taken to the : Inglewood police station and booked on suspicion of robbery. They were identified as Howard Lee Scott, and Roger Arnold Hoskins, both 19, of Inglewood. ., , Officers said that inside the bar were six persons who were kept prisoners by the gunmen. In addition, the bar owner, Ralph Naymola, was inside, but he was in his locked office. The others were identified as Evelyn Shane, 37, a cocktail waitress from another bar; Charley Zirk, the bartender; James Best, Allen Dinsmore, Silven E. Hively and James Triggs. When those inside were finally released they were crying from the teargas. An ambulance was waiting and Miss Shane and one or, two others were taken to a hospital. Naymola, the bar owner, said he arrived at the establishment at 7:30 a.m. while the robbery was in progress. He said that when pence arrived outside he was stand, ing near the office door, dashed Inside and 1v1taH it ' I got along just fine," he later told a reporter. "I just sat there smoking cigarettes and drinking scotch." Naymola said he had a revolver and fired it once as a warning to police that it would be dangerous to come in." "I could have shot at them but I didn't want to," said the bar owner. "I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't want to hit an innocent person." Hundreds of spectators watched as scores of police deployed around the area. Plainclothesmen armed with sawed off shotguns crouched behind cars. A ladder was put on the cafe and officers stationed themselves on the roof. Other officers used an adjoining cafe to give them cover. The tense scene was played out in bright sunlight as police dickered through a window with the bandits who kept demanding a car to take a dash for freedom. One of the bandits put a gun to the head of the cocktail waitress, Evelyn Shane, 37, when police threatened to use tear gas."
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

I guess you did have some info, thanks! How times have changed. Those two were charged with robbery. Nowadays it would be at least a half dozen charges.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

I read it took place in Inglewood. Here's one of Inglewood's most famous landmarks.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

OOPS

CobraJoe

A holiday Christmas car dealership;1929 Ford Model A in showroom at Christmas

djfordmanjack

wow, never seen the GT40 rdstr before...

neat Christmas decoration, but not a 29 as caption suggests. (different cowl/tank shape). according to what we can see from the grillshell, it appears to be a 31 Model. and a special one ! seems to be an A400 convertible sedan - a rare model !

CobraJoe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-11-15 19:24
I guess you did have some info, thanks! How times have changed. Those two were charged with robbery. Nowadays it would be at least a half dozen charges.
Yes, one charge of robbery and 30 yeas in prison. Today multiple charges, a slap on the wrist, free medical, food stamps etc etc  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

Love those 300hp convertibles ^^^   

Girls camp back in the day

CobraJoe

Do you know who this is?   :002: