News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

Found these from Victoria, British Columbia.  I like the Mercury Mike graphics.
T/F
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-02-03 10:25
Nowadays we get the Kardashians crammed down our throat,
Who dat? :102:
:002:

Tom S

More Bonneville LSR racing stuff.
I've always much admired Art and Lloyd Chrisman's coupe with it's two '40 Ford hoods welded together for it's nose. I copied that nose on an AMT 1/25 scale model of a '40 sedan when I was a kid.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Tom if  are you saying that coup has two  40 Ford hoods welded together to make that nose, then all I can say is WOW!  That took some thinking.  I suppose that was the days when most junkyards had 40 Fords in them.
Jay

rmk57

The 63 Fairlane could be a rest mule for the 64 Thunderbolt?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hemidave

Nice
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

BP57CUSTOM

This Fairlane is a 1962 and it now belongs to a friend of mine. It is in excellent condition with its 406 engine and three deuces. It is a Pre-Pre Thunderbolt!!
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

CobraJoe

Quote from: BP57CUSTOM on 2019-02-04 13:30
This Fairlane is a 1962 and it now belongs to a friend of mine. It is in excellent condition with its 406 engine and three deuces. It is a Pre-Pre Thunderbolt!!

Tasca Ford campaigned a new midsize Fairlane, Challenger II, in 1962, powered by a 406 engine that was not available in the car. The biggest engine Fairlane came with was the new 221-inch small-block, forcing Tasca to run in A/Factory Experimental.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

John Palmer

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-02-04 15:11

This one looks like a Thunderbolt, but it's actually a 64 Sports Coup (hardtop).  Back in the day, I owned one that was a real "K Code" 271 HP car.  It was painted in two tone, Springtime Yellow, and White.  Had a White bucket seat interior with the factory console.  Before I bought the "three year old" car, it already had the four speed transmission removed, and replaced with a C-4 automatic.  It was a nice conversion, but they left the clutch pedal on the floor.   It was a nice fun car.  It was originally sold to a doctor new in Wickenberg, Arizona.  Wished I had it back today.

John Palmer

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-02-03 18:47
More Bonneville LSR racing stuff.
I've always much admired Art and Lloyd Chrisman's coupe with it's two '40 Ford hoods welded together for it's nose. I copied that nose on an AMT 1/25 scale model of a '40 sedan when I was a kid.

I have seen this car in person after it was restored by the Chrisman's garage.  It was owned at the time by the late Joe Mc Pherson, a local new car dealer, and BIG TIME hot rod enthusiast/collector.

This is a all time icon Hot Rod.  It was very cool to see.  They did a true museum restoration on it.  Fortunately Art Chrisman was still alive at the time.  Both Art, and Joe are gone now, but their efforts to save some history remain..

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2019-02-04 09:36
    Tom if  are you saying that coup has two  40 Ford hoods welded together to make that nose, then all I can say is WOW!  That took some thinking.  I suppose that was the days when most junkyards had 40 Fords in them.
Jay
Yup, I always knew that the nose was two '40 hoods. Decided that that would make a good streamlined nose.
The story goes something like when Art or Lloyd was going thru a junkyard & by chance moved a '40 hood out of the way & set it on top of another one that was upside down on the ground.
Every time I've searched over the years for more info on this iconic car I find more info.  Now I know why I thought for a long time that this was a chopped '34 five window instead of an A coupe.
Photo caption:
"(left) And Lloyd Chrisman Surveying Their Rough Bodywork Outside Chrisman's Garage In Compton, California, In Early 1953. The Low, Sleek Stance Was Created By Grafting A Chopped '35 Ford Cowl And A Pillars Onto The Severely Chopped '30 Coupe Body."

The engine swap pic; the engine, trans & rear end came out from under the car as one unit by removing "about a dozen' bolts.  These guys really had their stuff together.

Tom S

Quote from: John Palmer on 2019-02-04 17:17
I have seen this car in person after it was restored by the Chrisman's garage.  It was owned at the time by the late Joe Mc Pherson, a local new car dealer, and BIG TIME hot rod enthusiast/collector.

This is a all time icon Hot Rod.  It was very cool to see.  They did a true museum restoration on it.  Fortunately Art Chrisman was still alive at the time.  Both Art, and Joe are gone now, but their efforts to save some history remain.
You lucky dog! I'd have loved to see the car in person or better yet running at Bonneville. But I live in Alaska & was only 9 years old when they ran it for the last time there in 1954.
I'm sure glad it was restored to it's original condition after George Barris turned it into this TV show & show car abomination. I read that he gave it gull wing doors. I'm guessing that '37 oval tube front axle got chromed when Barris had it.
Art & Lloyd Chrisman were real Ford guys. Art also had a '57 Ranchero. It was painted the 'right' color too! :)