News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

The foot is the main issue  :003: You can always disconnect the two outer carbs and run on the center 2V.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Both of those manifolds are Galaxie.  Love the setup!  Had one on my 73 F100/360/granny geared 4 speed/3.55 T-lok.  The thing gave me a good solid 12 MPG in stock form.  Pulled the 2bbl, got early 390 timing gears to put the cam back up straight, an early distributor, added the tri-power with smaller jets in the secondarys and bumped the mileage up to a solid 14 and the fun factor up 2000%!  I took it off the truck when it was sold, kept it for years and a fellow here learned I had one and offered me a great price so off it went to a new happy home.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hemidave

The good old 1950s   '55 Ford, a beer, and a cigarette
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-11-15 05:56
great intakes ! Hugh, are you going to build both Couriers with 390s ?
If you are still planning on your Euro trip, you might want to rethink that. Remember that gas is about twice or three times as expensive over here ! so a 302 2bbl might be a good choice for fuel economy. If you plan on driving ten thousands of kilometers, that is something to concern. also there will be added cost of insurance and there are heavy road taxes and fees in most countries as well.

I was aware of the difference in fuel prices yes. But...I have been building this car in my head for 40 years...so I'll just have to deal with it...or perhaps adjust the linkage so that I am running a 2 bbl mostly.
I actually have a couple of other ideas for increasing fuel economy as I plan on driving it across this country often as well. Biggest one will be initially raising the rear gear ration to around 290:1 or somewhere in that range. If I can squeeze 20 mpg out of it I will be happy.
Also have thought about investing in a Gearstar O/D system...if I can get it done before I make the trip.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Mouseketeer......

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

My built 427 w/48 IDA's was good for 5-7 mpg's.   :burnout:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Beautiful engine Joe. The gas companies love you guys.
Annette..........was there anybody who didn't have a crush on her?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

feel ya'!  8x62s

djfordmanjack

I sure did Rich !

Annette as in Annette Funicello, right ?
famous custom car painter Larry Watson painted her T bird. wonder if it's the same as above (in white)

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-11-15 16:38
Beautiful engine Joe. The gas companies love you guys.

SkylinerRon

Back in the 60's she was at an opening for a local Dunkin Donuts. They flew her and her mom to the store in a helicopter!
Still have her autograph somewhere.

The 6v set-up has progressive linkage from Ford. 2/3 throttle on 2v.

Do Not mix up any parts on the carbs, all 3 are slightly different.

Ron.

mustang6984

Well...yea...there were a few...but they were all living in 'Frisco at the time...scratching their left elbows with their left hands.  :003

Thanks Ron...I will be sure to not do that.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-13 23:21
And I still am wondering if there will be a drive-ability issue here?
I kinda doubt that you would have any drive-ability issues.
I've gone up & down some very steep hills in cars & on motorcycles with no issues from carbs.

Tom S

... Annette..........was there anybody who didn't have a crush on her?
Yeah, me. I was never a big fan of Annette Fullajello.  And I never lived in San Francisco. And I can't scratch my left elbow with my left hand. Whatever that was supposed to mean.

Tom S

My money's on the Model A!
Assuming that that Model A has at least warmed over Flatty.
But like they say, you can't outrun Motorola.  :(
That chopped 1930-'31 Model A appears to be sitting on a Deuce frame too.
Looking at some YouTube music vid that was posted here & YouTube just kept going on to different music vids.
This cool pic was on Steve Miller's 'Mercury Blues' vid.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane