News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

Proud owner
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

terry_208

Strange, I can't remember ever seeing a 52 hardtop.  I remember 51's and later but just can't remember ever seeing a 52. 
Terry

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-12-17 05:24
They were sold as T-5s over here as well. There was some other German Company holding the name Mustang, I believe for light motorcycles. My friend's ( and his fathers's) 70 Mach-I of course is a regular Mustang, since he imported it from Canada in 1972 or so.
If you guys are interested, I have an original copy of the Austrian equivalent of Motortrend from '64 or '65 introducing the T-5. that might be some interesting trivia for Mustang fans, although it is written in German of course. I could take scans of it during holidays.

They were trucks, and yes those scan would be great, and we should be able to use Google translator.

"In 1965, the top-selling Mustang in the U.S. was an affordable and attractive Ford coupe. In Germany, the year's top-selling Mustang was a hulking commercial truck.

Decidedly less sporty than America's coupe, Germany's Mustang truck was an ungainly presence on the road, and its two-stroke diesel engine was a noisy, smoking slug. Produced by Krupp Motoren und Kraftwagenfabriken in 1951-68, the Mustang truck's primary claim to fame was that it and Krupp's copyright  set up a roadblock for Ford's plans to market its Mustang in Germany.

If you were a G.I. in Germany or a Nordic fan of American cars, you couldn't buy a Ford Mustang, but you could purchase its doppelganger: the Ford T5, a car bearing the cryptic alpha-numeric code that Ford had assigned it during development.

Marketed in Germany from 1965 until Krupp's copyright expired in 1973, the T5 was a Mustang lookalike and drive-alike. A casual observer would be hard pressed to think it was anything other than a Mustang, but there are minor differences. The 1965 T5's had unique hubcaps with a plain center, rather than the galloping horse and Ford Mustang badging. The Mustang name on the front fenders gave way to a T-5 badge, Ford couldn't decide how to spell the two-character name and the Mustang ID on the steering wheel was banished. Most T5's had clear parking lamps rather than amber, and some speedometers were calibrated in kilometers. Practical modifications included extra bracing to fortify the body and a heavy-duty suspension."

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

I once did a photo shoot of a T-5 in Olympia WA. I will have to look through my old pics one day and see if I can find that. But it will have to wait until I get back to WA...as I am in Branson MO at the moment.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

The car was listed in a Magazine in 1962 with a build cost of $15K, equivelant to  a staggering $127,752.32 today.

mustang6984

Might be a deal at $127K+ today. I had some clown in a hot rod shop quote me a price of $5k to weld in the frame mods I posted that were done to my '57 frame! FIVE THOUSAND!!!
Needless to say he did not get the job. I found an almost 80 year old guy to do it in 1/2 the time for a touch over $500.00 And that guy was about as nimble as a kid of 25 too! Did a great job!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-12-17 05:39
haha, Tom, well you never know.... :003:
with all the many cool pics posted lately, your private family pics nearly went unnoticed, great pic of the 55 ( was that a parklane wagon ?) at Cannon Rock Beach
Thanks, G!
I don't know what model that yellow '55 wagon was. Pretty sure it wasn't an 'upscale' model though. That pic was one that my younger brother scanned from my dad's old slides. I keep thinking that there was another pic of the wagon but haven't been able to find it.
So, ok, did some searching on the net & see in a couple places that the Parklane wagon was a one year model only offered in 1956.
"The Ford Parklane is a car that was produced by Ford in the United States for one year only, 1956."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Parklane

Wiki missed the fact that there was a 312 Y block engine in 1956 but Hemmings didn't.
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/dearborns-nomad-1956-ford-parklane/

I still judge the instrument panel by the one in '56 Fords. '57 T-birds have the same layout.

Maybe the yellow '55 was a ranch wagon?  If I can find the other pic I might be able to tell. Not sure if that pic even exists.

Tom S

Speaking of 1956 Y block 312 engines ...
Many years ago some guy that I didn't know told me that this 1956 fender emblem was only used on '56 passenger cars with the 312 engine. I really didn't think he knew what he was talking about but I could be wrong.  The '56 Tudor Ranch wagon that I foolishly sold had these fender emblems & the guy that claimed to have rebuilt the engine said it was a 292.  The Parklane wagon in my prior post has them & the article seems to indicate that it's running a 292.
It's not like anyone could tell a 292 from a 312 just by looking at it though, so ...??
Anyone have some good info about this?  (Wish a had a left side emblem to match this right side one. - EDIT: Maybe I do!)

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-17 19:15
Might be a deal at $127K+ today. I had some clown in a hot rod shop quote me a price of $5k to weld in the frame mods I posted that were done to my '57 frame!
I'm always curious about frame & suspension mods. So, what frame mods & where are they posted?  8)

CobraJoe

hemidave

'56 SUNLINER
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-12-18 03:23
I'm always curious about frame & suspension mods. So, what frame mods & where are they posted?  8)

Tom...go to http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6415.0 and then to page 5.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Someone was gonna have several good meals!
OH and the car is sweet too!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker