News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

I might have figured you knew him or at least of him. Great story! I wanna be him...yea...I do!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-24 11:52
I know this should probably be in the coffee thread...but we were talking about B.C. Canada racers and tracks...and then this story popped up this morning on MSN and I had to share it...so...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/this-82-year-old-drag-racer-isnt-slowing-down/ar-BBYj4qc?li=BBnb4R5#image=BBYj4pQ|1

How many of us wanna be this guy when we "grow up"? LOL!!!   :burnout:

Thanks for posting that. I admire his dedication and doing things his way. He must get some funny looks from passengers when he hops out of his Comet after boarding the ferry.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

The hot rod that started it all. Ed "Isky" Iskenderian posed next to his famous -24 T-bucket. He originally bought it in high school in 1938. Ten years later it was the cover car for the brand new Hot Rod magazine in June of 1948.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

What a character, and that T is just brilliant. I believe Jim stated that he is still alive and well at 98 yrs old ?

djfordmanjack

That is NOT a crappy photo, Randy, it is just GREAT! It is photography in action, totally captures the speed of the sport! it is exactly what we younger guys might be jealous of, not having been there. I love it !

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-23 10:09

Heres a crappy picture I took of it in around 1970 when I was around 12-13 years old?

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-24 15:56
  Thanks for posting that. I admire his dedication and doing things his way. He must get some funny looks from passengers when he hops out of his Comet after boarding the ferry.

Sure...happy to. I suspected you guys across the water from me might know him and would like the story.
Yea...I bet he does get some looks when that baby pulls on the boat screaming "LISTEN TO ME...LOOK AT ME"...and he crawls out form behind the wheel! I'd be heading toward him lickety-split wan to look under his hood and bench race! LOL!!! He is my new hero!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Not really Fords, but close enough. These were parked just across the border in Oroville, Washington. Oroville is in the Okanagan valley, and has a  semi-arid climate so the cars were all quite solid even after sitting outside for years.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-24 18:38
  Not really Fords, but close enough. These were parked just across the border in Oroville, Washington. Oroville is in the Okanagan valley, and has a  semi-arid climate so the cars were all quite solid even after sitting outside for years.

Sure they are Fords. Just don't get the respect. When did you shoot that pic? Any idea if they are still there? (just what I need...yet another car to move across the country right? LOL!!! don't tell my wife I asked!)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

The picture was taken on May 4th, 2004 at 12.26 pm. I almost bought the 58 Villager on the end but just couldn't agree on the price. From what I remember he wanted $1700 for it. The cars were on the back 40 of an auto parts store and since then I was told the owner sold the business and moved to Idaho. Not sure if he took the Edsel's with him though.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Oh I so do not need to ask what I am about to ask...have an address? Or name of the street? I'm setting the ground work to get myself in trouble here....LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-23 19:44Lets not forget about "Marvel the Mustang" by Marx toys.
Better yet don't forget the neat little Mustang motorcycles that weren't just kid's toys. I'd have loved to have one when I was 13, 14, 15 or so instead of the 50cc Allstate moped that started my lifelong love of bikes. I still ride & will as long as I can still swing a leg over a bike.

They were good lookin' little bikes back then & the chrome wire spoke wheels looked great even though they were a bit small.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_(motorcycle)

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

Merry Christmas Everyone !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

rmk57

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-24 21:27
Oh I so do not need to ask what I am about to ask...have an address? Or name of the street? I'm setting the ground work to get myself in trouble here....LOL!!!

There were on the south end of Oroville. From I could see and remember on Google earth it was on Highway 97 and Bob Neil road. There are still a few old cars out front sale it looks like, but I didn't see any Edsels out back from the aerial view. But hey, you never know, maybe the whoever owned them still has them or knows where they are.

Merry Christmas.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Thanks...might take a slight detour on the way home for some...er...ah...sightseeing! LOL!!!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker