News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Boy, I never would have considered towing a car trailer with my old Mustang. I really like the car, could you give us a brief history on the car. I remember pictures years ago regarding Mustang concept cars, but they may have been customs, not concepts. I imagine this wagon is built with steel vs. some sort of plastic kit?

I see AMC AMX styling cues on the fastback roof line.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

hemidave

I like pink
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

Maybe you missed the link I posted on the bottom of original post. it is in English and has lots more info and detail pics.

I too think the lines work great and it is an awesome sporty wgn.

http://bzerob.com/garage/mustang65/mustang65-odd-countrywagon.html
Quote from: fdlrc on 2020-01-14 07:14
Boy, I never would have considered towing a car trailer with my old Mustang. I really like the car, could you give us a brief history on the car. I remember pictures years ago regarding Mustang concept cars, but they may have been customs, not concepts. I imagine this wagon is built with steel vs. some sort of plastic kit?

I thought exactly the same about the AMX design clues on the Falcon Custom. Not a big Muscle car fan but I really do like the AMX myself, don't know why...! :003:
Quote from: fdlrc on 2020-01-14 07:14
I see AMC AMX styling cues on the fastback roof line.

RICH MUISE

I like the Jeffries Falcon and the Mustang wagons as well. I wonder when the Mustangs were made, that is, as NEW , or as modifying a bunch of 10 or 15 year old cars. What got me wondering was the www. on the hunting themed ad. As far as a towing vehicle, I would think that would be a European thing more than US.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Rich, I am pretty much convinced it is a period (1965/66) build! it has period Dutch license plates. I know these from Dutch friends and my Volkswagen interest. also the script font of the (hunting) advertisement is very much European mid 1960s like. here is another pic from the webside.

rmk57

Looks like the tailights  would come awfully close to the bumper when the tailgates down. It's not typically the way you see station wagons built. Never mind ,I opened  the link and see the the way it operates. It's just "ok" for my taste, although I do like it better than the new Mustang Mach e suv as far as station wagon pony cars that is.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

you have a point there Randy. Whoever came up with that foolish idea to put that iconic pony on a 2ton electric 4dr hatchback, imho it wasn't a good idea... :003:

mustang6984

The Mach E is what happens when you legalize pot...and then let the potheads work in the design division of a car manufacturer. They have no respect for the name of Mustang...the first pony Car of the genre, the only one to produce cars without interruption, and still today THE standard bearer for that class of car.
Using that name is an insult to the car and the MILLIONS of Mustang owners. Someone should be fired over that faux pas.
JMHO  :angry5:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

I cant see it lasting more than a few years, kind of like the retroish Thunderbird.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

Wow Hugh !  wouldn't have dared to put it that way, but your statement is not very political , not religious and not gender offending, so you are probably good to go....hahaha..... :003:

RICH MUISE

maybe it's a good think I haven't seen or heard of the "new Mustang" you guys are talking about. Gunter.I was just thinking maybe that www. period incorrect thing probably was added to the old photo/ad years after the fact.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

yes Rich, it's only a watermark that the (internet)site owner put on the pic for copyright.
I am not going to post or link to the electric SUV. it doesn't fit this topic, forum and site at all.

CobraJoe

The Mustang III concept show car was requested by Ford and designed by Vince Gardner of Dearborn Steel Tubing.  It made several appearances in the Ford Custom Car Caravan

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

...as did Pegasus

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-01-14 12:32
  I cant see it lasting more than a few years, kind of like the retroish Thunderbird.

One day is two days too many!

G...I don't suffer from the disease of Political Correct mental defection. Never have and too old to start now.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker