News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

NICE SUNLINER
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Dave...any idea where that was shot? Mexico perhaps? I can't make out the plate on the front all that well.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hemidave

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-02-01 11:03
Dave...any idea where that was shot? Mexico perhaps? I can't make out the plate on the front all that well.
I think its at a bull fighting arena, but not sure exactly where.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Yea...does look like it. Thanks.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

What i found:

A.Davey (Taken in August 1958) 

Feria

I love this photo!

That's my brother, James, in sunglasses driving the convertible. He must have been in seventh heaven driving the blonde senoritas in their feria finery around the plaza de toros.

One of the things I like best about this photo is the line of military officers in the background. So typically Latin American!

I have very faint memories of the women at our house wearing their Spanish dresses. I was especially fascinated by the peinetas, the large tortoise shell combs that hold the mantillas. Hmm.

The car is a Ford Fairlane. It has a 1958 Venezuelan license plate, so it can't be more recent than that.

And, since we have militares in the background and it's 1958, it might be worth a look at Venezuelan politics at the time, courtesy of Wikipedia:

Marcos Evangelista Perez Jimenez (Michelena, Tachira, April 25, 1914 - Alcobendas, Spain, September 20, 2001) was a Venezuelan military and general officer of the Army of Venezuela and the President of Venezuela from 1952 to 1958.

His ruling period is characterized by marked improvement in development, with the rise of oil prices facilitating many public works achievements. Political and economic stability, along with the completion of ambitious public works and the rapid development of industries such as hydroelectricity, mining, and steel were achieved during this period as well. Perez Jimenez was also responsible for the modernization of the military and the nation enjoyed a period of high prosperity and social tranquility.

However, the government's National Security (Seguridad Nacional, secret police) was extremely repressive against critics of the regime and ruthlessly hunted down and imprisoned those who opposed the dictatorship.

Following massive public demonstrations in support for a democratic reform to take place in the government, Perez was deposed in a coup perpetrated by disgruntled sectors within the Armed Forces of Venezuela on January 23, 1958. Perez was then exiled to Dominican Republic, and afterwards went on to settle in Spain under the Franco regime's protection.

My original scan of a non-digital image to which I own all rights.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Thanks Joe! You 'da man!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Anybody want to restore a 51 F-100?  I was interested in it 15 years ago but we got chased off the Indian reserve even though my buddy was from one of the nearby bands. I keep looking at each time I drive by 5 days a week and think it's such a waste..............

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Ouch! Yea...it is a waste. But I have enough projects to finish before I take on any more. And I would love to have one. {sigh}
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

hemidave

CONTINENTAL KIT

djfordmanjack

oooh that hurt...
glad the lady got away with only a neck brace.

Now we finally know what Conti kits are for. :003:

CobraJoe

hemidave

CONTINUING WITH '58s