News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Nope. They got it right / wrong the first time around.

A while back I was driving my 58 Villager wagon to pick up a six-pack and there were two guys leaving the parking lot and one of them yelled out the
window of his car "They weren't a failure". I had a good laugh over that.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hemidave

Boy Scouts OF America
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S on 2020-02-23 19:44
Then you better not let her see these either, Jay.

Tom
     I don't know how you guys up there in that part of the country can tolerate all that snow for the most part of the year.  You must have one very high
heating bill. How many weeks of summer do you have?  Do you have a nice warm garage to work on your cars?
Jay

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Memories
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

A pair of dopplegangers! I never had a 55/56 convertible, but this pic has popped up a half dozen times on the Hamb, and maybe here. That guy could have been an identical twin brother I never had, and the girl looks exactly like my high school girlfriend.......weird. I'm sure if I sent her a copy of that pic, her reply would be more along the lines of "I don't remember that picture. I don't know if she would know the difference between that car and my dad's  55 Chev conv I frequently drove.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

"Most of you know the story of Henry's death. Put simply and frankly, he died of old age, gracefully. However, many don't know the circumstances. The night before Henry died, there were torrential downfalls in the Michigan area. The River Rouge overflowed which, in turn, flooded the local power station. Henry's power went out in his home and he and his wife went to sleep by candle light.

The next morning, Mrs. Ford woke up and found that Henry had died in the night, in the same room that he was born in 83 years earlier."

hemidave

'58

Ecode70D

And Henry's last ride was not in a Ford.  it was a Packard.

CobraJoe

model-T with tracks.

mustang6984

Now THAT is a car for today's city traffic Joe! I want one! I could get around Seattle real well with that!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-02-24 20:34
How many weeks of summer do you have?

Jay, due to the climate change that we are seeing right up close and with some devastating results up here that question is getting harder to answer.
If we're lucky down here in Anchorage spring/summer will start about the middle of May. But ya never know, it can still be cold & could still drop a big dump of snow on us.  It's not unusual.
Often rains a lot in the fall. Can be pretty cold in late September & will be for sure in most of October. By the last day of October the snow is almost always on the ground to stay. I guess I could say that we normally have about 5.5 to 6 months that I don't consider 'real' winter where we are covered with snow.
But then there are the long hours of darkness. The farther north you go there is less & less daylight in the winter.
'Utqiagvik, formerly known as Barrow, the northernmost town in Alaska, won't see the sun for 67 days come winter, they enjoy the midnight sun all summer - over 80 days of uninterrupted daylight.'
Winter solstice is Dec. 21st, the shortest day of year.
Pic below shows the Dec. 21st hours of daylight in Anchorage.

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-02-24 20:34
Do you have a nice warm garage to work on your cars?

It's not that warm in there & that concrete floor is always cold.
I could turn up the heat but it don't help that floor!
Biggest problem I have with my 2 car garage now is that along with having my Roadster on a lift that takes up a lot of room I also have 5 motorcycles in there. (And one more bike in my living room  :003:) Tons of car & bike parts in there too.
It's so tight that you have to turn sideways to be able to walk past a parked car. Gotta really edge sideways on one side. It's a good thing I'm skinny! A '57 Ford sure takes up a lot of space.