News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

That was the movie...there are two Netflix documentaries out besides the movie. One is primarily about Shelby...called Shelby American...the other is called 24 Hour War. Both shed more light on the battle...of course in documentary style.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-03-19 04:58
2 speed & variable speed rearends in the #3445 pic.  When I make the pic lighter I can see that the Model A has a Columbia 2 speed rear end.  But who cares.  :001:

CobraJoe

I saw the Shelby American one also, need to look into the 24 hour war. Thanks.
I got suckered into paying $4.99 for the Ford vs Ferrari one on Xfinity, at the time, I thought it was the new movie, not realizing it should have been Ford v Ferrari.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

I didn't realize these two guys talked....  :003:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

FUELING UP
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

rmk57

I guess the Mustang just had to tap the brakes which would pull the pin, then launch the Charger into the gas station. Today it would be all done with computer generated graphics and just not have the same realism. Great photo.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

"just not have the same realism. Great photo."

So true. Computer graphics can be interesting for some things...but nothing replaces the real thing. Glad Bullitt was shot when it was...wouldn't be the same with computer graphics.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Thanks for the kind comments guys; I could probably watch that movie every week for the rest of my life without a problem. Then again, with the way things are going in the world, that may not be as long as I thought it might be.  :004:

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-03-22 14:59
Thanks for the kind comments guys; I could probably watch that movie every week for the rest of my life without a problem. Then again, with the way things are going in the world, that may not be as long as I thought it might be.  :004:

The way the world is going...it will be us old guys that survive...the kids don't know how to make do and improvise. If it can't be looked up on their phones or purchased from Amazon...they are hopelessly lost. LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-03-22 15:06
The way the world is going...it will be us old guys that survive...the kids don't know how to make do and improvise. If it can't be looked up on their phones or purchased from Amazon...they are hopelessly lost. LOL!!!

True Hugh, but it's us "Old Guys" that are the majority of the statistics.  bawl

mustang6984

Oh I do remember that shot in the movie so well. Just saw it not too long ago...early fall before I came 0ut here to Branson.

True enough I suppose...but as long as we stay away from the rest of society...we should survive...and then we can rule the earth! LOL!!! Pass laws that only '57 Fords allowed on the road. That should take care of traffic congestion real quick!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-03-22 16:31
Oh I do remember that shot in the movie so well. Just saw it not too long ago...early fall before I came 0ut here to Branson.

True enough I suppose...but as long as we stay away from the rest of society...we should survive...and then we can rule the earth! LOL!!! Pass laws that only '57 Fords allowed on the road. That should take care of traffic congestion real quick!  :003:

So, I can't drive my '39?    bawl bawl bawl bawl bawl

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-03-22 16:58
So, I can't drive my '39?    bawl bawl bawl bawl bawl

Joe 
      You have nothing to worry about.  You'll get special dispensation.   

CobraJoe

Thanks Jay! I knew I could count on you.  :003: