News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

Close to the colour, I did wear my Old Style shirt when I spoke at our friend Henry's funeral.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

thanx for the interesting info !
I wonder why the Canadian Ford HQ or whoever chose such a diverse marketing strategy.

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2020-12-05 18:19
Falcons were branded Ford.
British Fords were British Fords, we had Anglia, Cortina and Lotus Cortina.  Have not heard of Pop.
Capri was available through Mercury dealers.  There were a few Taunus' here but I do not think they were bought through a dealer.

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

FiveSevenLiter

Del Rio day.

mustang6984

I know it is sort of a "utilitarian" color scheme...but I like the brown and white myself. And of course the 2-door Del Rio is just perfect!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, I guess I get what you mean by utilitarian for the 'brown'. Do you know an actual car in that color in person ? You would even like it better! of course, when the paint gets old and dull it gets looking very drab and odd, but the og mint Silver Moccha is a vibrant color that changes between nearly black in the shade, to maroonish and to a copper colored honey-gold depending in daylight or sun!
They called it a 'Poly' (metallic) paint then. ( not one of those modern rainbow colored tints).
Unfortunately my CS has had huge areas repainted but some areas remain og paint and the color and sheen is really sweet. Unfortunately those early paints weathered pretty quickly.

I always wanted a Silver Mocha/Colonial White Del Rio, but instead got my black/silver (og inca gold/colonialW) Del Rio. But when I found my Country sedan and the Vin tag said KE2 color (Silver Moccha/colonial) and AZ trim ( colonial vinyl/gold thread fabric/brown panels), and the car was still in those colors... I flipped.... :003:

lalessi1

My cousin had one just like that in 1964. Two strombergs on a JC Whitney adapter on a 272!
Lynn

rmk57

The 57 Plymouth being pushed is Wally Park's. Founder of the NHRA.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

G...I don't know anyone with that color scheme...heck...don't even know anyone in my world who has one. But back in my past there was one I used to come across regularly.
I agree the mint green is a beaut as well.

By "utilitarian" I meant that it was a pretty common color...that wasn't a real beauty...but I liked it for it's subtlety...under the radar sort of appearance.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-03 14:20
Jay....have you heard anything from Joe lately? I'm kinda worried about him....... if he's not home he usually posts from his phone.

Rich
     The last time I talked to Joe everything was OK.  He even drove his 39 to my place to to show it to me.  I was all over it and under it, and it's one real clean all steel car.   I'll call him  again and get back to you.   Jay

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

Hugh, there is some misunderstanding between us. I meant mint in 'brandnew' Silver Mocha. That is the brownish color you were referring to. its basically exactly THAT.
SILVER
and MOCHA.
metallic coffee brown.
It sure might look like a drab sort of color, and I am sure many of those cars back then went dull after one long winter or so. because of the huge amount of aluminium pigment in those early metallic paints (single stage, sans clear topcoat).
What I am trying to say is, that the original 57 brown - called Silver Mocha- is a real vibrant color depending on sunlight. it has the utilitarian dark brown look in the shade, but turns into a maroonish. honey colored gleam in the sun.
My car is parked indoors now, but I will try to get some good pics of the og paint areas next spring or summer, to help understand what I am saying.
imho the most striking color combo for a 57 is Silvermocha and Inca Gold on Fairlane 500s. that is crazy cool. While I have to say, there isn't a single 57 color I don't like. second choice for me would be cumberland/willow green Custom 300. that is just refreshing green ! :003:
But like I said all those color combos do look great, even single colored 57s. Maybe I am a little biased.... :002:

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-12-07 18:10
G...
I agree the mint green is a beaut as well.
By "utilitarian" I meant that it was a pretty common color...that wasn't a real beauty...but I liked it for it's subtlety...under the radar sort of appearance.

really don't have any good pics of Silver Mocha in the sun, but the detail pic here shows where sun breakes through between the tree branches and check out the difference of the color between the shade and sunlit areas !

mustang6984

Ah...yes...I did misunderstand you. I thought you were talking about the green that was also available in 57.

I remember the brown fading out...I was a Texas kid...and the sun down there was harsh on darker colors...so I am familiar with what you said about the effects of weather on cars parked outdoors. Brutal to say the least!

Yours looks nice in the shaded areas...LOL!!!...and a little abused in the sunny section...but as you said...it's the sun. But still...it is a ride to be envied!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Quote from: hemidave on 2020-12-08 07:39

I bet the border crossings are about as busy today as when this photo was taken. I sure hope they open back up in spring.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

Country Squire day.