News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-01-26 16:11

1957 was the only year with single headlights. Myself, I prefer the dual headlights, but this would do in a pinch.
Thats a nice 57 Mercury
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-26 16:08
Hey, c'mon! me and a friend (he's the talent   :006:) made this bumper for my Ford:

Joe ,you get first prize for making that nice front bumper.   A lot of thinking and work went into putting that together.  It's beautiful.  How come I never saw that one?  You're holding out on us.

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-01-26 16:59
Jay, mine is a 60 and so is the green one. I have a friend with a 57 single headlight and it's red too. The first time we passed each other going down the road I couldn't believe it, two similar trucks in the same small town..

Jim it was a long time ago, but the one thing that I remember about my 60 Ford pick up was that the box side panels were made into the cab.  It appeared to be original and had no indication of having had any custom work putting the cab and box together.  I don't recall ever seeing another one like that.  Jay

thomasso

In 61-62 Ford made a F100 with one piece box and cab. Can't remember what it was called, a friend had one.  i don't believe they were made on the 57 thru 60 body style.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

RICH MUISE

All I've ever heard them called are Unibodies, but not meaning what that term means now. A friend here in town has one mounted on a Crown Vic frame. James Potter has/had one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Thomasso and Rich
    So from what you guys have said, that means my truck was real. Like I stated, it was a long time ago and it must have been
later than 1959 because I didn't  remember it having the dual headlights.  I never registered it and drove it on my repair plates.
  Most likely I only paid $50. for it because that's  was about the standard price in those days. This was way over 50 years ago.
  Jay

djfordmanjack

those are among the prettiest Ford trucks ever imho. maybe a little underrated. Still on my list of must have vehicles. I believe they also introduced the twin I beam action front axle.
so clean and smooth!

Ecode70D

Günter
  That's what my truck looked like except for the whitewalls and fancy hubcaps.  I bought it off of the son of a guy that I knew.
It was turn key and I never had to do any mechanical or bodywork on it.  This was a clear case of not knowing what I had. So now that we know that it was real, it's safe to assume that the cheap ones don't exist anymore.  Jay

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

hiball3985

Unibody trucks were only 61-63, twin I beam didn't start until 65..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

Mercury and Fords leaving the same line ?

Lgcustom

Not unusual. At Dearborn there were Mustang/Cougar and Maverick/Comet all at the same time. What a nightmare!

59meteor

Quote from: Lgcustom on 2021-01-28 09:23
Not unusual. At Dearborn there were Mustang/Cougar and Maverick/Comet all at the same time. What a nightmare!
I have seen several photos of 1969 & 70 Mustangs and Cougars going down the assembly line together, I would have just assumed that maybe they would do , say, a week of Mustangs, then a week of Cougars, and also maybe do runs of say, 100 or so cars all the same color, just for consistancy , but apparently that was not the case. I really enjoy watching old assembly line films on youtube, I imagine that it was mind numbing, repetitive  work, but always found it amazing , that all the different colored car bodies, and front ends , coming together at just the right time, even more so when multiple car models going down the line at the same time. I understand that much more componentry is sourced from outside suppliers, and many more automated "robots" placing and welding various panels, but a trip to Fords Dearborn plant, along with the Henry Ford Museum , is high on my bucket list.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.