News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: 58villager on 2023-08-04 10:18picture is a '66  note the twin i beam emblems!!
65 was the first year of twin I beam  :001: .
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

If you have some time to kill this video by Ed Pink about SOHC 427 engines is great. The guy is still so sharp at 92  :001:
https://youtu.be/ZKOYRWHDChQ
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Very cool Jim, I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed the video.  :002:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

lalessi1

I watched that a while back.... GREAT!!!!
Lynn

Marc

It's bogus. Here's the original pic:

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-08-05 09:48If you have some time to kill this video by Ed Pink about SOHC 427 engines is great. The guy is still so sharp at 92  :001:
https://youtu.be/ZKOYRWHDChQ
Ed Pink was featured in a TV show called 'Hot Rod History Lessons' that I saw a few days ago.  It was on Mav TV. Looks like that 'Hot Rod History Lessons' show was aired here on Wednesdays. The few shows I've seen were quite interesting.
Had a chance to buy one of those SOCH 427s many decades ago & blew it. The guy said it had Ed Pink's name etched all over it. I can't imagine how an engine like that ever ended up in Alaska. I think it would have bolted right in my Roadster in place of it's 1963 406 too. Snooze, ya lose. :(

CobraJoe

I too, had a chance to buy one 25 years ago from a local Pro Stock guy in Brockton. Went there, it was all torn down with a freshly bored block, he wanted $10K for it. I had the money in my pocket and ending up backing out because he couldn't find the timing chain cover.
He called me a few days later saying he had it and I said i would think about it; sadly, I never went back.  bawl

gasman826

The short version...got one.

CobraJoe

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-08-06 12:39The short version...got one.

bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl  bawl

CobraJoe

1949 Ford Custom coupe neg 86070-144

djfordmanjack

What a beautiful, beautiful car and pretty plane! This photo is so crisp and neat....WOW !

Talking about rare brochures, some of you may like my latest purchase...I cannot stress enough how rare of a find this is....even featuring Mercury and Lincoln.... very happy to add this to my collection. Even more so since I bought a 1949 Merc with Austrian title, just yesterday....(pretty solid, but huge project) :002:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

1969 Ford Rouge Manufacturing Complex ore bins aerial view neg CN5791-082

hiball3985

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-08-06 12:39The short version...got one.
How awesome, My old eyes can't see the intake, Webers, FI ????
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang