News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Joe
Thanks for the pictures.  I may have seen that R+W  58 flip top at  Star Drive In.

CobraJoe

You're welcome Jay, it really was a beautiful car.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Jeff Norwell

Wow Joe. I was looking at the option list..... the AC was more money than the 300 horse FE!
What I really want to know and see... is the electric razor option!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

I did too Jeff, unfortunately, it is listed as part of the "base price" on a "Skyliner". I guess we would have to compare it to a base price of a "1958 Fairlane 500"

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

Crazy, if you look at the price of that Skyliner and you adjust for inflation; $5,192.60 would be the equivalent of  $53,214.45 today!

RICH MUISE

Awesomness! I thought where I am going next week was a cool place to have a car show.......doesn't compare to what you just posted. Thanks for making me homesick Joe, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Glad to help Rich; I'm with you, I don't think I could ever live a way from the ocean.  :'(

abe_lugo

Thanks for the cool pics.  There are two 58 retractable for sale same color two if any one wants info.  Somewhat reasonable prices too.  I can forward the posting I found. 
Crazy that the Victoria is the highest price vs let's say a Squire wagon 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

jviera

Joe Great day for Onset and super pic of your place. John V

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-09-25 14:48Thanks for the cool pics.  There are two 58 retractable for sale same color two if any one wants info.  Somewhat reasonable prices too.  I can forward the posting I found. 
Crazy that the Victoria is the highest price vs let's say a Squire wagon 

DO NOT put that in front of me!!! I have already reached my limit...I think...
wife already sure I am nuts. DO NOT...I mean D-O N-O-T put that ad in front of me!!!   :-\
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Hahahaa! Good one.  I did post that 57.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Yea...I see...but I am NOT gonna buy it...I'd go to the bank and borrow the money for Alvin's Retractable first. WHEW!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

SkylinerRon

A brand new Skyliner today could certainly sell for $53k or more!

That is a kool window sticker although they didn't really come out till 1959.
They were nicknamed "Monroney labels" after the legislator who pushed it through Congress.
A number of those options were over the parts counter items only but, still very kool!

Ron.

mustang6984

Anyone heard from Gunther lately? I was kind of surprised he didn't pop up on the thread about the '57 I bought, but haven't seen him on any other threads lately either.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

I fired off an email to him but haven't got a response yet. Not sure if Jay has talked to him either...