News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2023-11-24 05:54Saw Hendrix live at the Fulton County Auditorium, Atlanta Ga. in the late 60's. A very memorable event!

I searched Google for the date...........August 17, 1968. In addition to Hendrix were Vanilla Fudge, Amboy Dukes and some others I can't recall.

RICH MUISE

It's sad we've lost George, Tom and Roy. A boatload of talent there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-11-23 15:21or something REALLY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ? How 'bout some Joni, Who remembers her ?
love her to no end ! :canada:
With my new computer & it's different browser I can't figure out how to embed this vid
so just open the link in the middle of the text below. Joni M, 'Raised on Robbery'.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R45_yXbyJDc?si=o98EEq5kiAyshCNu" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-11-24 16:09It's sad we've lost George, Tom and Roy. A boatload of talent there.
Jimi H & Janis J

Tom S

Maybe this will work.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R45_yXbyJDc?si=PLzkq71Ql4zOuR8y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

djfordmanjack

That is a fantastic song, Tom ! Wow, didn't know it at all. Great combination of RocknRoll, Country and Pop. It's always interesting to find more and different Joni styles.

Yes too many left too young. Janis is just as controversial as Bob and Jimi. I think I spent most of the summer of I guess 1989 or so, 16 yo, listening to her tapes over and over....same with Jimi and Aretha. There is so much to discover. with artist like them.

Well Amboy Dukes, boy did they have a sound ! would have loved to see them live, although I think they had frequent change of personell.

Here is some unusual but extra fine bit of Janis. Who would've thought that these two go together...even if it still feels a little awkward. Tiger Jones and Janis in a duet. That band has the beats down. WOW !

I wonder how that Brit boys all knew about the Delta....? :003:
great song and performance nonetheless...

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-11-25 04:20....I think I spent most of the summer of I guess 1989 or so, 16 yo, ...
You were only 16 in 1989! I'm surprised at that since I believe that most of the guys on this board are a lot closer to my age than yours. OLD.gif      Thought that you would be too.
I was 44 in 1989 & was around & always listening to the radio when rock music started in the 1950s. To this day the radio is always on in my house unless I'm sleepin' or watchin' TV.

djfordmanjack

yes and no Tom. Somehow, my birth date doesn't match my character. Not my fault.
I was actively listening to pop charts early 1980s as a 10 yo. Lost interest pretty soon. Other kinds of music appealed to me much better. Before that, when I was maybe 5 yo. in Kindergarden. I drew a picture of what resembled Elvis cliff diving into the sea in Acapulco (movie). at 7 or so I found See you later Alligator interesting, for what I later learned was Haleys terrific RocknRoll back beat. I can't explain. My parents never showed or forced it on me.
that's why I love 57 Fords and not 87 Mazdas. Dunno.... :003:

djfordmanjack

Seeing that obviously a lot of our members have lived this, here is a late 60s package.
Certainly no high standards to Rock afficionadoes, but still great Bubble Gum !

and this is one of the wildest late 60s Brit Instros ever !!! Sure sounds like driving a mean fastback Mustang into town @ summer sunset to meet your girl or try 4 on the floor. Maybe I'm just dreaming... :003: (1969)

I am sure that SOME of you guys may be able to take this. It is incredible. Certainly not easy!  :002:  :003:

djfordmanjack

May want to add this very unusual version of Quinn. it's got the wild late 1960s breakbeat rhythm. really a dancefloor filler.

RICH MUISE

I must be gettin' old, lol. One of my all-time favorite videos......Heart at the Kennedy Center in a tribute to Led Zepelin. Note at 2:49, I swear Monica Lewinski is in that group of 5 backup singers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZ_EFAmj08&list=RD2cZ_EFAmj08&start_radio=1
It's been what--50 years since Baracuda? I still think Ann and Nancy are hot.

59meteor

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-11-26 21:00I must be gettin' old, lol. One of my all-time favorite videos......Heart at the Kennedy Center in a tribute to Led Zepelin. Note at 2:49, I swear Monica Lewinski is in that group of 5 backup singers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZ_EFAmj08&list=RD2cZ_EFAmj08&start_radio=1
It's been what--50 years since Baracuda? I still think Ann and Nancy are hot.
Rich, Heart was often in concert around Vancouver BC when I was there, as they were from just across the border, around Seattle Wa. You may not be aware, but Ann (or maybe Nancy, whichever one was the blond), had a brief spot in the early 80s movie, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". She was driving the red convertible, laughing at Judge Reinholds character when he was delivering food in his 59/60 Buick, wearing the Pirate uniform. My "crush" of the era leaned more towards Pat Benetar or Debbie Harry (Blondie).

1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

Heart played at a few high school concerts in the early years of the band in Vancouver before becoming famous for the Dreamboat Annie album recorded at Mushroom studios in Vancouver. I remember seeing Sweeney Todd at high school but never heart. I did see Heart as an opening act for ZZ Top in around 1976?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 59meteor on 2023-11-27 12:11My "crush" of the era leaned more towards Pat Benetar or Debbie Harry (Blondie).

or Shania Twain, Brittany Spears, and a host of others when in their early 20s, lol. I remember seeing Britany on a poster for the first time...what, 30 years ago?  Watching these performers nowadays is sometimes dishearening........lol, not for them, it makes ME feel old.  Hard to believe Willie is in his 90s now..but still sounds great.
Don't remember Brittany when she was young? Check out Michael Jackson/Britany Spears "the way you make me feel"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrTC3FHE8No

djfordmanjack

Talking about duets, this one here is a little less graphic than MJ and BS.
It's not Johnny Cash and June Carter or lip synch Cameo singers, but Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix actually singing ...imho the movie was incredibly intense.
This one comes to my mind all the time, another Dylan song.

Here's the original